Humanitarian professionals for Rapid Deployment Unit
Typ pozice: Placená práce / Konzultant
Lokalita: 2/3 práce v zahraničí
Termín nástupu: Dle dohody
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO working in relief and development, see more at www.peopleineed.cz. With the aim to increase its surge capacity and to provide more support for ongoing humanitarian programs, PIN has established a dedicated emergency team. The team focus is mainly on the setting up of the emergency response during the sudden onset disasters and conflicts, technical support of the ongoing programs and related consultancy work. Team consists of up to 5 members with the flexible 50 – 100% work assignments, usually home based, as per the individual agreement. Expected time spent abroad is up to 8 months annually (in case of full time engagement) with the individual assignments up to 3 months. Part-time agreements can be negotiated.
Start-up date: to be agreed (continuous recruitment)
Duration: 12 month minimum with desirable extension
Refers to: Head of emergency programs, Prague, Czech republic
Location: expected 2/3 of the time spend abroad, the rest home-based with occasional stays at the PIN head office (Prague)
Salary: as per the PIN salary scales.
- To initiate the emergency response in countries without PIN field offices particularly during the sudden onset disasters and conflicts (including field assessments, coordination & fundraising activities, set up of offices, recruitment of the national teams, initial of program activities, M&E systems, etc.)
- To provide consultancy and support (both field based and desk work) for the new emergencies at the existing PIN countries of operations
- To provide consultancy and support for the preparation of the concepts, project proposals, assessments and baseline studies
- To conduct gap-filling for the existing PIN humanitarian programs abroad
- To support Emergency preparedness planning in the existing PIN countries of operations
- To support quality of the PIN humanitarian programs (particularly desk work on the methodological / technical issues)
- relevant multi-year and multi-country experience with humanitarian programs
- experience with coordination mechanisms and humanitarian funding
- familiarity with the PCM and field data collection
- basic understanding of humanitarian logistics
- good proposal writing skills
- familiarity with the conflicts settings and security protocols
- reliable and self-reliant personality
- excellent spoken and written English, other languages an advantage
- ability to respond quickly to requests of the field deployment
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly send us your CV and short cover letter via this link: https://inhiro.com/job/id/9709 . Please click on button "Apply" and fill the application form.
In case of any questions you can contact us via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Podpořte násChci pomoci
Odběr novinekPomocí RSS