Education Program Manager with Turkish language
Typ pozice: Placená práce
Lokalita: Antakya City a Gazianthep, Turecko
Termín nástupu: Prosinec 2016
Position: Paid job
Location: Antakya City, Turkey
Starting date: 1 December 2016
Duration: 12 months
Line Management: EDU Team leader
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation based on the ides of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be basic values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
PIN has been working in Syria since 2012 and, in Turkey since May 2015. PIN has been implementing an education project in Antakya City, Hatay province, focused on supporting Temporary Education Centres for Syrian students. Specifically, the project includes the provision of teaching and learning materials, conducting teacher trainings, providing school transportation, providing psycho-social support, setting up and facilitating Parent-Teacher Associations, and conducting events supporting social cohesion among host and refugee communities.
With increasing attention and funding for the education and protection sector in Turkey, there is a possibility of expanding PIN’s education projects in Turkey, and incorporating elements of protections and/or child-protection. The attainment of any further education and protection related projects in Turkey would also fall under the Education Programme Manager’s portfolio.
PIN is seeking an Education Programme Manager for Turkey to oversee the education projects, with possible protection components, implemented in Turkey. The position will be based in PIN’s Antakya office and will include the direct management and supervision of PIN’s Education Team in Turkey. The Education Programme Manager will be supervised by the Education Programme Coordinator.
The main tasks of the Education Project Manager are:
- Day-to-day management and supervision of education and protection projects in Turkey;
- Responsible for the projects’ progress, spending plans and reporting (under the supervision of the Education Programme Coordinator);
- Manage activities in line with PIN’s projects, Turkey Education Strategy and sectorial guidelines;
- Develop and maintain a database of project outputs, activity tracking, training evaluation and achieved results to provide information for both internal and external reporting;
- Responsible for recruitment, training and capacity development of PIN Education project staff;
- Participate in the evaluation and quality control of projects;
- Coordination of education and protection activities with other stakeholders and humanitarian actors, including regular participation in the Education Working Group (EWG) for Turkey, and other coordination platforms, if needed;
- Coordinating and maintaining relations with respective Turkish authorities;
- Coordinate with other PIN Programme Managers/Coordinators on assessments, analysis, procedures, implementation and advocacy/communication that may feed into PIN education programming in Turkey;
- Regular coordination and communication with relevant donors, including participation in meetings and ad hoc provision of information upon request;
- Conducting an updating NGO mapping of local Syrian and Turkish NGOs active in the education sector in Turkey, and initiating and managing potential partnerships
- Help to identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities in education and protection
- Support the development of new education and protection projects (writing project Concept Notes, Project Proposals, budgeting, sourcing funding, liaising with donors etc) in Turkey, together with the Education Programme Coordinator, Head of Mission, Head of Programmes, Desk Officer and Education Specialist in Headquarters, and other relevant Line Managers; and
- Help to identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities in education and protection;
- Taking a leading role with the development of a Turkey Education strategy;
- Through close monitoring of the context, develop approaches and activities ensuring promotion of the Do No Harm principle.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Experience of working within the Education and/or Protection sector for a humanitarian organization;
- Familiarity with the humanitarian context in the South of Turkey;
- Education expertise, including experience with Education in Emergencies;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Experience of managing staff;
- Training and education skills;
- Experience in budget management;
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills; and
- Fluency in English and Turkish - both written and verbal. Knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
- Responsible and independent working position
- Background of a well-established organization
- Benefits in accordance with National/International staff policy
- Salary according to PIN salary scale, start-up salary 1 500 – 1 600 USD NET
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse on PIN expense (or possibility of housing allowance)
How to apply:
Kindly send us your CV and short cover letter via this link: https://inhiro.com/job/id/9876. Please click on green button "Apply" and fill the application form.
In case of any questions you can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Podpořte násChci pomoci
Odběr novinekPomocí RSS