Regional Security Officer for Africa
Typ pozice: Placena prace
Termín nástupu: ASAP
Starting date: asap
Contract Length: 12 months
Exact Job Location:
Predominantly DRC (primarily South Kivu / Kinshassa / Southern regions) but considerable time (60%) would be spent in Ethiopia (Addis, Hawasa and explo areas),South Sudan (locations to be determined), Angola, and other new program countries (Zambia +)
Reports To: Country Director for in country related issues while present. Direct reporting line to RD for regional / strategic issues.
People in Need has been active in Africa for over a decade with programs in Ethiopia, DRC, Angola, South Sudan and will open new programs in Zambia and possibly other countries in the coming years.
Security Management Plans
- Responsible for regular revision of PIN security management plans – Standard Operating Procedures, Contingency Plans, Crisis Management etc.
- Revision of Local Partners‘ Security Management Plans
- Creates program specific security plans – distributions, cash for work, working in camps and hosting communities etc
- Responsible for reviewing and strenghtening security setup of PIN implementation partners
Incidents and Crisis Management
- Member of Incident Management Team
- Responsible for security incidents follow up and lessons learned
- Member of Country Management Team, leading body for due diligance and duty of care standards
- Responsible for professional development of members of Security Dept.
- Maintain close cooperation with Programs and Support departments
- Organize internal and external trainings for PIN staff and partners
Analysis and Assessments
- Conduct contextual security assessments and analysis
- Provide regular risk/ threat assessments and propose the implementation of measures to manage or mitigate them.
- Regularly monitor ongoing threats and developpment and predict possible outcomes
- Liaise with NGO Security Coordination agencies, Alliance 2015 and other partners
- Establish and maintain information network to be able to provide verified information and early warnings
- Regular reporting to Country Directors, HQ and Donors
- Financial management of security budget
Requirements for Applicants:
Education and Experience:
- University degree in relevant subject
- At least two years of experience with security management in volatile contexts
- Experience working in complex and challenging environments desirable
- Previous working experience from African contexts
Skills and Personality Requirements:
- Rigorous and with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical and prescience skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed participatory planning skills and training skills
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm despite setbacks, managing and meeting deadlines
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness and willingness to travel to remote places in the field, maintaining good relationships with all members of staff
- Full and clean driving licence
- Empathy with the values of People in Need
- Fluent in English and French (Portuguese is advantageous)
- Flexible and challenging working environment with room for personal growth
- Starting salary defined by PIN salary scale (approx. 2 600 – 3 300 USD commensurate with experience including per diem)
- 5 weeks leave per year, with flights home paid 2 x per year
- R&R leave (DRC/SSD) according to time spent within the locations.
- In country accommodation, medical insurance, medical and psychological helpdesk support
Interested candidates are asked to send their applications (CV + letter of motivation) via green button "Apply" on following page: https://inhiro.com/job/id/10580 Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.