Social Worker for Northern Greece (PIN-Volunteer)
Typ pozice: Dobrovolnictví
Termín nástupu: ASAP
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 months, full time (until end of March 2017)
Location: Thessaloniki Region, with frequent travel to the Refugee Camp
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO that provides relief and development assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the largest organisation of its kind in Central Europe, providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society in Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
PIN is currently working in various Refugee camps in Thessaloniki Region, Northern Greece and is seeking a female Social Worker (Northern Greece) to support the program. This position will be supervised by the Social Work team leader.
- Organizing social work activities, vocational activities, creative activities, environmental walks; cleaning campaigns etc. together with the refugees
- Coordination of activities with other stakeholders and humanitarian actors
- Experience in working with adults and children
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Fluent Arabic (spoken)
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in emergency context is a great advantage
- Experience living/ working in the Middle East is a great advantage
- Experience of working within the social sector/ intercultural settings is a plus
- Experience of working for a humanitarian organization is a plus
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
People in Need offers:
- Environment of a well-established and growing organization
- PIN- Volunteer contract with per diems of 900 Euro/ month
- International travel insurance
How to apply:
Interested candidates please submit their CV and cover letter (both in English, as one pdf) via this link: https://inhiro.com/job/id/10742
Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.