Social Work Team Leader (Northern Greece)
Typ pozice: Placená práce
Termín nástupu: ASAP
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 months, full time (until end of March 2017)
Location: Thessaloniki Region, with frequent travel to the Refugee Camps
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO that provides relief and development assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the largest organisation of its kind in Central Europe, providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society in Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
PIN is currently working in various Refugee camps in Thessaloniki Region, Northern Greece and is seeking a Social Work Team Leader (Northern Greece – National Staff Position) to support the program. This position will be supervised by the Country Representative.
- Management and supervision of the Social work team
- Coordination of activities with other stakeholders and humanitarian actors
- Responsible for the projects’ progress, spending plans and reporting (under the supervision of the Country Representative)
- Responsible for training and development of the capacities of project staff
- Developing and maintaining a database of project outputs, activity tracking, training evaluation and achieved results to provide information for both internal and external reporting
- Social work or related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working within the social sector/ intercultural settings
- Experience in setting up vocational activities/ classes for adults
- Experience of working for a humanitarian organization is a plus
- Experience in managing a small team
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Fluent Greek
- Knowledge of Arabic is advantageous
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work under pressure; experience in emergency context is great advantage
- Cultural sensitivity
People in Need offers:
- Environment of a well-established and growing organization,
- Salary according to PIN salary scale
How to apply:
Interested candidates please submit their CV and cover letter (both in English, as one pdf) via this link: https://inhiro.com/job/id/10741
Please use “Social Work Team Leader (Northern Greece) – National Staff Position” as subject of your email.
Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please do not resent your CV if you have already applied before.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you.