Typ pozice: Placená práce
Termín nástupu: Leden 2017
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO working in relief and development. See more at www.peopleineed.cz. Given the growing demand for the flexible, efficient and needs-based solutions in the delivery of the humanitarian aid and the growing portfolio of the PIN cash based programming, PIN has decided to employ a dedicated Cash advisor. Cash advisor will be a member of the PIN Knowledge & Learning department. Key roles and responsibilities of the Cash advisor consist of mainstreaming of the cash based approaches into PIN programming, support of the PIN field work and professional development, transfer of know-how & networking.
Start-up date: January – March 2017
Duration: 18 months with possible extension
Refers to: Head of Knowledge & Learning department
Location: PIN head office (Prague) or home-based with at least 30% time annually in the field
Salary: as per the PIN salary scales.
1. Mainstreaming of the cash based approaches into PIN programming
- Formulation and dissemination of the PIN cash quality standards, approaches and methodologies required for improvement of PIN’s work on both central and field levels
- Internal promotion of the cash modality across all PIN humanitarian programs wherever reasonable and feasible
- Developing capacities of relevant PIN staff and awareness raising of the cash modalities
- Reviewing the quality of projects and programs, helping to identify gaps, and consequently provide guidance for improvement
- Capturing all relevant lessons learnt from ongoing or finalized PIN programs and transforming them into improvement of the future practice.
- Preparation and promotion of the standardized guidance and technical solutions for the cash programming (electronic cash transfers, cash-for-work modality, voucher, etc.)
2. Support of the PIN field work
- Desk or field based consultancy work supporting the development of the PIN cash quality standards, approaches and methodologies in the context of a specific crisis or programs, revision and evaluation of the same
- Promoting the consideration of cash as a default modality whenever applicable during the preparation of the new PIN interventions, both in disaster and conflicts settings
- Contributing to development and co-writing of the concepts and project proposals including – or having potential for - cash modalities
- Longer term focus and advisory support for PIN field programs working with cash
- Field deployment during the early stages of the emergency response
- Preparation of assessments, baselines and feasibility studies
- Provision of trainings and preparation of the training modules
3. Professional development, transfer of know-how and networking
- Actively representing PIN and managing relationship with other humanitarian cash actors, donors and networks, particularly with CaLP and cash working groups at Global food security and shelter clusters
- Follow up of the professional development of the humanitarian cash based programming and reflecting this in the adjustment and improvement of PIN cash quality standards, approaches and methodologies. This will include monitoring of the relevant innovations, trends, publications, guidelines and donors’ policies and transferring relevant know-how and lessons learnt into PIN structures (and vice-versa)
- Preparation of case studies, technical papers and publications
- Relevant education
- Multi-year/country experience particularly with humanitarian programming
- Multi-year experience with the cash based programming
- Preferably CaLP 2 training or equivalent + experience of market monitoring and assessment (EMMA/RAM/MAG or others)
- Excellent formulation and writing skills
- Flexibility between the desk work and field assignments
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Independent personality and dedicated team spirit
How to apply:
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and cover letter as soon as possible via green button "APPLY" on following link: https://inhiro.com/job/id/10832. As a subject please use "Cash advisor".
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.