Advisor for Education
Job location: Prague or home-based with frequent field visits (30%)
PIN Department: Relief and Development Department
Starting date: September/October 2017
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Salary: as per the PIN salary scales
- in line with PIN’s Education and Skills Development Strategy for 2017-2021, develop the quality and scale of PIN’s education programming.
- strengthening PIN country programs and employees’ capacity to design and implement effective education interventions in 2 areas:
- Ensuring inclusive and equitable access to quality education for all children;
- Increasing gainful self-employment and wage-employment of youth and adults through ensuring access to high-quality professional education and training, which integrates key vocational, business and life skills.
- support PIN country programs in developing effective and relevant education interventions and funding proposals
- mentor and develop the technical skills of PIN’s Program and Project Managers ensuring quality education, including conducting trainings on core topics (such as learner-centred teaching strategies, positive discipline, inclusive education, safe learning environments, teacher mentoring and coaching, tools for measuring student learning outcomes, establishing VET-market linkages, work-based learning) and regular update skype calls
- assist the country teams with development and delivery of new training modules
- identify the most effective approaches, key lessons learnt and most useful resources related to education and ensure that relevant PIN staff are aware of them and use them
- develop tools and resources to assist with education program design, implementation and M&E (including standardising the tools and indicators being used to monitor education interventions across the country programs, utilising PIN’s IndiKit and results-based M&E framework)
- promote and advocate for education approaches and innovations across PIN’s programs
- evaluate the ongoing and completed interventions and share the results, highlighting good practices and lessons learned
- ensure networking with organizations working in education field and pursue partnership opportunities
- facilitate know-how sharing (incl. documentation) among PIN’s mission working on education
- close cooperation with PIN’s Advisor for Education in Emergencies
- at least 5-year experience with developing and/or implementing education interventions in areas of enhancing education quality and access, inclusive education, vocational education and training
- substantial experience with training design and delivery
- sound technical understanding of education approaches in the context of developing countries in formal and non-formal settings
- at least 5 years’ experience with proposal development for major donors
- familiarity with the main education actors (donors, international platforms, research institutions, implementing agencies)
- willingness to travel to the countries of PIN’s operation (up to 3-4 months per year)
- fluent English
How to apply
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and cover letter.
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.