Climate Change Advisor
Location: Home based (preferably in Central, West or South EU and UK) or Prague based, minimum 30% of time spent at country programmes
Starting date: as soon as possible or upon agreement
Type of contract: Full-time
We are one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe. We focus on humanitarian aid, development cooperation, promotion of human rights as well as on development education and awareness raising. We work in over 22 countries all over and have more than 1,500 employees.
For our Relief and Development Department, we are looking for internal Climate Change Advisor experienced in preparation/ implementation of climate change programmes/ projects in developing countries as well as with knowledge of national/ regional climate change strategies. The main task will be to support the quality and scale of PIN’s climate change mitigation and adaptation programming in selected developing countries.
- designing and supporting PIN’s interventions relevant to both climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- capacity building and follow-up of PIN teams
- seeking for funding opportunities for interventions related with climate change mitigation and adaptation, incl. carbon financing
- support PIN country programs in developing relevant interventions and funding proposals
- provide PIN country programs with the technical support, expertise and tools required for an effective implementation of the ongoing interventions.
- prepare the tools for climate change mainstreaming, including templates for environmental assessments and monitoring
- Intensive capacity building of PIN teams on how to integrate climate change into development programming.
- evaluate the ongoing and completed interventions and share the results, highlighting good practices and lessons learned and identify future opportunities for programming
- Support development of business models for relevant donors
- ensure networking with organizations working on climate change adaptation and mitigation and pursue potential partnership opportunities, coordinate with Alliance2015 joint carbon financing initiatives
- sound technical understanding of the sources of greenhouse gasses emissions in the context of the developing countries and effective solutions for their reduction and environmental resilience
- educated to degree level in environmental studies, geography, politics or equivalent working experience in these areas
- At least 3 years experience with implementing climate change mitigation and adaptation interventions in development context. Experience with natural resource management, agriculture and with markets-based energy saving technologies is a strong advantage
- strong research, writing and analytical skills to produce technical reports or scientific papers
- familiarity with the main climate change actors (donors, implementing agencies) and global and national strategies
- at least 3 years’ experience with project proposal development for major donors
- fluent in English
- willingness to travel to the countries of PIN’s operation (3 months per year)
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement (if based in Prague)
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office in Prague)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance
- 37 000 - 42 000 CZK for Prague based candidates (For home-based candidates outside of Czech rep. will be salary specified)
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no longer than 4 pages) via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).