Country Director in Bangladesh
Since December 2017, PIN has been providing assistance in Rohingya refugee camps, focusing on community based protection. To improve safety of vulnerable groups in the camps, PIN employs a unique participatory approach titled Her Safety, which engages women and men to identify their security concerns and empowers them to apply measures addressing these risks.
The small country program is currently staffed with two international and 11 local colleagues. Investment in pilot programs and assessments has enabled the team to focus on quality implementation of programming. Working in close partnership with international and local partners and implementing programs in multiple areas of the Cox’s Bazar refugee camps lead to a dynamic country program. The Country Director will have to demonstrate a good balance between independent management and consultation with HQ, and team work to ensure compliance with PIN processes and allow for supervision in relation to organizational and donor rules.
Location: Cox´s Bazar
Starting date: July 2019
Duration: Until end of 2019
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Overall management of both international and national employees.
- Country programme‘s progression in accordance with PIN‘s strategy
- Lead on donor relations
- Support the Program Manager on quality program implementation, including strengthening technical aspects of community based protection programming, and ensuring appropriate MEAL and CRM activities are in place
- Ensuring that all PIN’s internal procedures and partner/donors' requirements are met
- Supervision of the financial management. Together with Finance Desk Officer supervises country program budget and overall economic situation
- Oversight of procurement, logistics, fleet and admin functions including running of the main office in Cox’s Bazar and sub-office in Teknaf
- Planning HR needs of the country programme and taking part in the process of selection of new staff, supervision of capacity building and ensuring sufficient human resources for the projects to meet its objectives together with HR department
- Supervision that all security and safety rules (SOPs) are set-up and followed, keeping security policy up to date and enforcing its implementation in cooperation with global security advisor
- Ensuring clear and regular internal communication within PIN country program and with PIN HQ
- Relationship management of local and international implementing partners including working in joint and consortia programming
- Leadership on legal operating modalities within the country including efforts to gain registration in the country
- Representation of PIN towards media, public, partners, donors and local authorities, NGO Platform, Sectors/Working Groups, and other coordination mechanisms
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Proven working experience in humanitarian context, especially with program and/or country program management and staff management;
- Strong leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building of national and international staff;
- Experience with strategic planning, donor relations, and working in partnerships/consortia
- Sound understanding of principles of humanitarian and development work;
- Excellent working knowledge of English;
- Excellent communication skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Knowledge/experience of the region and understanding of local dynamics is a significant advantage;
- Mature, well-balanced personality able to work independently in challenging environment.
- Salary 3200-3400 USD (before taxation, including per diem), based on experience and seniority;
- Possibility to gain interesting working experience within a professional, internationally recognized NGO;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Travel insurance;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the country of residence once per every 6 months;
- Housing allowance;
- R&R or visa travels
- 25 days of paid leave per year
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).