Desk Officer for the country program in DR Congo
People in Need (PIN) has been working in the DRC since 2008. In far-flung rural areas of the eastern province of South Kivu, we are assisting in reducing malnutrition. We also help the local people to increase awareness of their rights. Due to unceasing conflicts, DR Congo is ranked as one of the world most severe humanitarian crises. Our main goal is to extend our work in to the most vulnerable areas where help is needed. You can find more about our work in DR Congo on our website.
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Location: Prague 2
You will become a part of the African team of Relief and Development Department in Prague. As a Desk Officer (country program’s coordinator), you will be the closest partner of the country program (CP) and, together with its leadership, you will be responsible for its proper management and development. Together with the CP's management, you will also cooperate on a country strategy and its fulfilment. You will participate in the staffing of the mission and you will be (in cooperation with CP management) responsible for its balanced economic management. For your colleagues at CP level, you will be the main HQ contact, when coordinating the agenda, supporting of other PIN departments and connecting them with the program. You will participate in the creation of security rules, build relationships with partners, experts and donors in the Czech Republic and abroad, and last, but not least, you will control that CP is in accordance with the internal rules and principles of the organization.
For this position we consider important:
- Experience with a project management and team leadership in the non-profit environment and abroad
- At least 1 year experience with development projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with different groups of people and respect their different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to strengthen relationships with partners and donors in the Czech Republic and abroad
- Excellent knowledge of English and very good knowledge of French
- Ability to organize your work independently and approach things positively even in situations where job requests are rapidly developing
- Experience with budgets, support and supervision in methodologies and evaluations
- Proactivity, analytical thinking, ability to quickly learn the organization’s internal processes
What we offer:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach (possibility to travel to our foreign missions)
- Starting salary based on salary scale
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in trainings in Czech Republic and abroad.
- 25 days of annual leave
- Home office
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
Are you interested in this position? Send us your resume and motivation letter in English (for this vacancy we are not accepting any other application).