Head of Systems and Operations Cambodia
About People in Need
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming.
Active in Cambodia since 2008, PIN Cambodia is considered to have some of the most cutting edge innovative programs in Cambodia. PIN Cambodia focuses our work on four thematic areas - Disaster Management, Livelihood & Environment, Maternal Child Health, Habitat Advancement (Urban Poverty Reduction). Key current and past donors include ECHO, EC, USAID-OFDA, DAI, AVSF, UNICEF, WFP, SDC, and the Czech Development Agency.
For projects in Cambodia please see more at What we do in Cambodia.
Position: paid, full-time
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contract duration: 12 months with possible extension
Reports to: Country Director (CD)
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Head of Systems and Operations (HoSO) will be responsible for providing technical support, guidance and supervision to the finance, logistic and HR departments. HoSO will ensure that procedures and processes are in place, unified and in line with PIN´s and donor guidelines. HoSO also directly leads the process of the development and staff capacity building across the departments in terms of the systems and operations.
- Ensure that Systems and Operations support the implementation of the Country Strategy and that procedures and regulations are implemented in full transparency and in compliance with donor and PIN rules
- Ensure standardization of processes/procedures related to operations of finance, HR and logistic
- Ensure effective communication between support (finance, logistic, HR) and program departments
- Supervise overall country program economy including identification of gaps, financial and procedural risks, and provision of appropriate solutions
- Oversee the budgets of support departments, improve needs planning and coordination, and contribute to planning needs for new projects with regards to support departments
- Provide technical support and guidance to the finance team to ensure effective operations and coordination between budgeting, drawing and accounting
- Provide technical support and guidance to logisticians to ensure effective operations and coordination between the office management, fleet management and procurement, stock and assets management including logistic budgets and planning
- Supervise HR agendas, including capacity development plans, plan of inductions and trainings, managing leaves, allowances and evaluations
- Manage local tream (approx. 6 national staff) and their continuous capacity building based on personal development plans
- Ensure that key support policies are continuously updated as required and appropriate to the context
- Ensure compliance with local legislation, rules and regulations in terms of visas, tax and labor law.
For this position, we consider important:
- Significant previous experience with managing systems, finance, logistic, administration and HR
- Experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors (especially EuropeAid) is preferred
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization, preferably direct experience from the country program level
- Experience with team management and supervision
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Strong coordination, organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
- IT literacy, advanced knowledge of MS Excel, working experience with accounting and economic software
- Working experience from Cambodia/similar cultural context is an advantage
- University degree preferably in Finance/Economics, Logistic, Public Administration, Law or a related discipline
- Possibility to work in well-established and locally recognized NGO
- Flexible and challenging working environment with room for personal growth
- Starting salary defined by PIN salary scale (approx. 3,250-3,750 USD commensurate with experience; before taxation, including per diem)
- Housing allowance 500 USD/month
- Reimbursement of flight ticket to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel insurance
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Robust and thorough online induction training (2 weeks)
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no longer than 4 pages altogether) via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).