Program Manager for Economic Empowerment and Green Energy program
Location: Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with frequent travels to program implementation areas
Line manager: Country Director
Time frame: ASAP, 1 year with possibility of extension
PIN Cambodia has been working in livelihoods and energy sector for last 8 years, with special focus on application of Market System Development approaches for environmental/livestock commodities and currently also in the sector of TVET. PIN strategy in MSD is to contain the whole value chain, with special focus on last mile distribution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Program manager (PM) will manage the overall program covering two main areas: 1. Fostering economic empowerment through market-based and TVET initiatives, 2. Stimulating green energy solutions for households and small and medium-size businesses, with special focus on newly starting EC SWITCH to Solar project. Program focuses on rural and peri-urban Cambodia and pays special attention to application of market system development approach, with special. PM will facilitate close and effective coordination and collaboration between program partners and relevant stakeholders; creation of synergies; and ensure high quality implementation and achievement of project results.
Main Responsibilities of Program manager:
- Ensure all projects within the Program are implemented according to project proposals on time and in line with the budget.
- Consolidate and prepare all narrative reports, assist with preparation of financial report and submit all reports to donors as defined by contracts.
- Prepare realistic work plans and establish clear follow up systems for all projects.
- Identify any bottlenecks and problems in the program implementation and find appropriate solutions.
- Ensure compliance with PIN and other international standards such HAP and Sphere, etc.
- Identify and mainstream relevant innovations in all projects in close collaboration with the PIN Technology for Development Manager.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning
- Ensure the quality and maximum impact of existing projects. Together with M&E develop comprehensive M&E frameworks for all assigned projects, measuring their impact on intended beneficiaries.
- Ensure preparation of high quality narrative reports to PIN donors. Support Finance Coordinator in preparation of financial reports. Provide support to the partners and implementing teams in writing project related reports as needed.
- Ensures that lessons learnt are collected, shared and reflected in further programming.
Finance and Compliance
- Budget control and financial management of the entire Program.
- Supervise and plan projects’ budget spending, prepare financial forecasts and plans. Communicate any forseen issue with CD and HoSo as needed.
- Ensure that contractual obligations are followed; that the guidelines are adhered to (including general conditions, visibility guidelines and procurement guidelines).
- Supervise and plan projects’ related procurement (incl. requesting for derogations if necessary).
- Ensure that external and internal audit are completed based on donor agreement.
External Communication and Coordination
- Establish and keep excellent relations with governmental institutions and all relevant Ministries (Ministry of Education, Ministry of Labor and Employment, etc).
- Build and keep relations with all current as well as potential donors contributing to the program (EC, CZDA, GIZ, etc)
- Keep relations and cordinate with program’s partners.
- Coordinates preparation and follow-up of project communication and visibility plans in accordance with Donor´s requirements.
- Represent PIN (and its partnerships) during all relevant forums in Cambodia. Ensure PIN brings constructive inputs to sector development in the form of discussion, presentations or shared research.
- Coordinates organization of project related events: opening/handing over ceremonies and ensure media presence as needed.
- Ensure widespread distribution of PIN research papers, studies, evaluations, manuals, etc.
Human Resources Management:
- Ensure Program-related HR plans and organigram are regularly updated and recruitment conducted in advance for open positions.
- Conduct regular appraisals of the program staff and provide constructive feedback.
- Ensure all Program staff have clear personal development plans with regular follow up.
- Enable positive, open and flexible working environment for the Program staff.
- Provide ongoing support to the program and local partners’ staff as necessary.
- Maintain positive and constructive relations with current PIN donors.
- Identify new sources of funding to diversify PIN donors portfolio.
- Conduct needs assessment and other research exercises leading to development of new proposals
- Prepare project proposals, budgets, work plans and log frames.
*This Job Description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and coordination skills.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Interest in building capacities of local team members.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Management, Development, or other relevant area.
- At least 5 years of experience working with an international NGO in progressive management positions.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a team to deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Market System Development in the field of green energy. Demonstrated ability to analyse market systems and design effective programmes to address them.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills as demonstrated by proven ability to compile donor reports.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience working in Southeast Asia is an asset
- Identification with PIN values, goals and approaches.
- Possibility to work in a well-established and locally and internationally recognized NGO;
- Salary 3550-3850 USD and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale and HR policies;
- Interesting possibility of professional self-realization, opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development;
- Meaningful work in a friendly and committed team;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
- Assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation;
- Travel health insurance.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).