Program Quality Support Officer
Location: Yangon, with travelling to regions/states
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Line Manager: Head of Programmes
Brief description of mission or/and project for which the staff is required:
People in Need (PIN) (www.peopleinneed.cz/en) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. In Myanmar, People in Need started to work in 2002, when it launched the financial assistance to civil society groups and independent media. After 2008, PIN provided humanitarian and relief aid to people affected by typhoon Nargis. Since 2012, PIN has been operating directly from Myanmar, our programs focuses primarily on knowledge transfer, capacity building and support of local initiatives in remote areas, and humanitarian assistance. We are working in areas affected by armed conflicts in Rakhine State and in Kachin State providing humanitarian aid in the sectors of Nutrition, Education in Emergencies, Protection and WASH. In Kachin State, PIN also provides technical support for designing and implementation of the land reform process and works for ensuring the appropriate involvement of civil society organizations. Furthermore, our social cohesion program aims to promote tolerance and acceptance of diversity in different communities in Mon, Kayin and Rakhine States. We are currently expanding our operations into urban programming in Yangon.
Under direct supervision of Head of Programmes, the Program Quality Support Officer will contribute to the development of project proposals, addressing ad hoc donor requests of catalysing action on specific projects or components of projects.
Program Development and Coordination
- Support Area and Programme Managers and technical staff with proposals development in a cohesive and professional manner and in line with PIN strategies and policies and donor requirements
- Representing PIN at various coordination meetings
Ensuring Production of Timely, Accurate and Analytical Reports for Donors
- Liaise regularly with Programme Managers and technical staff to ensure the production of quality reports across areas and across Donors
- Work in close relation with M&E Department to incorporate more solid monitoring and evaluation components in reports
- Work in close relation with Finance Department to ensure coherence between financial and narrative reports
- Ensure in particular that reporting guidelines, formats, deadlines for each project and donor is communicated clearly and standardized across the country for new and on-going projects
- Backstopping sub-offices in Sittwe, Myitkyina and Hpa-an in case of sudden onset of emergency
- Master’s degree in international development, humanitarian aid or other related subjects
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector, experience in drafting proposals
- Good inter-personal and coordination skills
- Willingness to live and work in a volatile environment with limited access to the field locations
- Ability to work independently in a challenging context is a must
- Candidate must be flexible, adaptable, and positive
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- Possibility to work in a well-established and locally recognized NGO
- Start-up monthly salary (before taxation, including per diem) app. 2000 USD, according to PIN salary scale
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel medical insurance
- Housing allowance
- 25 days of paid leave per year
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).