Program Support Officer
The Relief and Development Department of PIN focuses on humanitarian aid and developmental assistance. Essentially, in addition to helping people in crisis, we aim to develop sustainable solutions that will continue long after the termination of our projects.
People in Need (PIN) has been present in Zambia since 2017. With its main office in Mongu, Western province, we have been implementing projects focusing on multisectorial response covering nutrition, agriculture, livelihood, education, WASH and energy. In additon, PIN is seeking to expand its operation to other geographical areas, including those in DRC refugee context
Place of work: Mongu, Western province and other field locations, Zambia
Line Manager: Head of Programmes (HoP)
Duration: ASAP, for minimum of 6 months
The Programme Support Officer (PSO) is primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the group of projects under a specific program. The PSO supports Head of Programmes (HoP) in supervision and, if necessary, direct implementation of project activities such that specific results are achieved in proper quality and time and that all necessary administrative/ financial rules are adhered to. This includes all sectorally cross-cutting administrative and programatic issues such as general project implementation based upon sound action planning, HR management, monitoring and evaluation, and national and regional level reporting. Secondarily, the PSO supports the HoP with strategic project level development in the given sector including assessment work, financial planning, and HR development. The PSO reports directly to HoP.
For this position we consider important:
- Ability to work with others – a good team player
- Self-awareness and resilience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Performing all duties appropriately for multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect
- Common sense
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to organize and plan effectively, recognize priorities
- Theoretical knowledge and proven practical experience with project / program management desirable
- Judgment on credibility and accuracy of information from diverse sources, ranging from national actors, including governments to PIN staff and projects
What we offer:
- Opportunity for learning and proffessional growth at one of the biggest and well settled huamaniatrian mission of PIN
- Perspective of other work opportunities within PIN after this volunteering
- Per diems 50 USD per day
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse covered
- Security training
- Office vehicle available for private trips
- Medical travel insurance covered, reimbursement of vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
- Travel to/from place of assignment
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).