Project Manager - Peace-building and Social Cohesion Programme
Starting date: ASAP
Country Programme: Philippines
The PM is based in Iligan City Illigan with regular trips to areas of project operations (Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Cotabato). The position is for one (1) year, with the possibility of extension.
Reporting Relations & Interdependencies with Other FunctionsThe direct superior to PM is Head of Programs (HoP). HoP gives methodological guidance to PM. In case of absence of HoP, the support and supervision is provided by Country Director (CD) and/or Desk officer (DO).
At the project level, the Project Manager working closely with the local partner(s) and oversee their project implementation in terms of planning, project delivery, quality, financial management, MEAL and compliance. The PM also works closely with HoP and Head of Systems & Operations (HoSO). S/he also cooperates on a daily basis with other members of Finance, HR, Logistics, M&E and Communications desks.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Head of Programs, the Project Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the project according to project documents to achieve project’s outputs, results and impact of the project.
Project ManagementProject management (i.e. planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) under the direct supervision of the PIN PHL HoP and in coordination with project partners, local government, NGOs and other agencies operating in the energy sector in order for PIN and project partners to implement the Empowered Youth for Mutual Understanding and Respect and Increased Tolerance (2018-2021) in line with project goals and design.
- everything related to the project cycle management, including planning, needs assessment/ identification, proposal preparation, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, financial management, cash flow planning, management of local team, etc.
- primary responsibility to follow all contractual obligations (project document + donor's contract)
- attaining the adequate results in proper quality and in time
- ensuring the requested administrative outputs, such as preparing narrative and financial reporting, evaluation, etc.
- ensuring cost effective and transparent financial management and track project expenditures through regular review meetings and communication with all partners
- proper processing and documentation of all tenders, managing specific folders and workflow in PIN archiving system
- communication and solving of all changes related to budget, timeframe or project's results
- making sure all requirements regarding visibility & reporting are fulfilled
- supervision of complying with all given guidelines and procedures, both internal and donor's ones
- application of security rules and enforcing them
- collecting of all necessary information in the given sector and initiation of new projects
- cultivation of relations with partners (organizations, authorities) in the given country
- fundraising under the leadership of HoP/CD/DO
- supporting writing of new proposals in close cooperation with HoP/CD/DO/grant manager
- needs assessments and field monitoring trips in targeted locations
- coordination, collaboration and know how sharing with other projects/sectors
- archivation and mission memory
- coordinate and maintain good cooperation with all actors involved in the implementation of the project, including local partners and local authorities
- representation of PIN representation with the government, donors as well as at the NGO level
- other assignments corresponding to actual needs of the mission
SUITABLE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD POSSESS:
- University degree in international development, management, relevant area studies/languages and/or other related discipline;
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience working in a relevant field (preferably NGO sector, international organisations);
- Experience with project management;
- Knowledge of current issues, actors and dynamics in Northern Mindanao;
- Fluency in English and Filipino;
- Knowledge of the native dialect of the Maranao or Bisaya is required;
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under stress, follow projects through to completion, with strict deadlines and without loss of attention to detail, budget and reporting.
- Effectively work independently, ability to work closely with colleagues from other offices and with local partners, self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization;
- Friendly, participatory and results-oriented working environment with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Salary according to PIN national salary scale and HR policies;
- 15 days of paid leave annually along with additional National Holidays based on Philippine Labor Law;
- Complete mandatory benefits based on Philippine Labor Law;
- HMO or health and accident insurance; and
- Opportunities for further learning.
HOW TO APPLY:For interested applicants, kindly send your cover letter and CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.