Project Officer for Renewable Energy
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with high possibility of extension
Location: Mondragon, Northern Samar
About People in Need
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive experience across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. Active in Philippines since typhoon Yolanda/Hayan in 2013, PIN Philippines is well established in early recovery, livelihoods development, land rights protection and market based approaches. In response to the Marawi crisis (2017) in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), PIN has implemented projects in support of Internally Displaced People (IDPs), especially targeting youth at risk. In the same areas, PIN Philippines is currently extending its operations to foster inter-religious dialogue and peace building in local communities.
The Project Officer (PO) is responsible for the implementation of REACH project activities in Northern Samar. The Project Officer is responsible for ensuring smooth communication and coordination between the target groups/beneficiaries and PIN’s office. The Project Officer is responsible for activity planning, implementation, communication and ongoing monitoring and evaluation, with support provided by logistics team. The PO also supports capacity-building efforts with partners and target groups by sharing knowledge and skills, and cultivating self-reliance.
Reporting Relations & Interdependencies with Other Functions
The PO cooperates on a daily basis with other members of the team: Communications, MEAL, Finance, HR, Logistics and Compliance desks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under supervision of Project Manager the Project Officer is in charge of all aspects of project cycle management of PIN’s renewable energy and climate change project in Northern Samar, including planning, implementation of activities, needs assessment/identification, monitoring, reporting and financial management.
- Supports partner organizations in understanding project objectives and carrying out activities according to the strategy and plan developed, facilitating good communication between partners and PIN.
- Oversees implementation of activities by community partners and provides mentoring in project management and implementation as needed.
- Ensures timely delivery and quality results and that appropriate data collection procedures are developed/implemented for accurate tracking of performance indicators.
- Monitor progress of project activities, compare to plans and make adjustments as needed.
- Cooperates with Administrative/Financial Officer on financial management of activities and cost-planning and on timely submission of all relevant financial documents from the field.
- Provides quality and timely administrative contributions as requested: reports, evaluation, financial and administrative documents, etc.
- Plans and conducts meetings, field visits, travel and communication as necessary to achieve the project objectives, and ensure that activities are properly documented.
- Ensures coordination, collaboration and best practice/lesson learnt sharing with other projects/sectors.
- Contributes to team spirit, good working relations.
- Provide English/Filipino translation and interpretation.
- Other tasks assigned by line manager.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- University degree in international development, management, relevant area studies/languages and/or other related discipline
- At least one (1) year of progressively responsible experience working in a relevant field (preferably NGO sector, international organisations);
- Willingness for extensive field travel and interaction with poor people living in isolated areas;
- Fluency in English and Filipino. Proficiency in the native dialect of the Waray people is preferred but not required;
- Ability to work under stress, follow projects through to completion, with strict deadlines and without loss of attention to detail, budget and reporting.
- Effectively work independently and as a team member, ability to work closely with colleagues abroad, self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
People in Need offers:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization;
- Friendly, participatory and results-oriented working environment with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Salary according to PIN national salary scale and HR policies;
- 15 days of paid leave annually along with additional National Holidays based on Philippine Labor Law;
- Complete mandatory benefits based on Philippine Labor Law;
- HMO or health and accident insurance; and
- Opportunities for further learning;
HOW TO APPLY:
For interested applicants, kindly send your cover letter and CV directly to email@example.com
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.