Protection Advisor: In country Short-term Support
Position: Paid job (220-230 USD/day)
Location: Deployment in Bangladesh
Starting date: ASAP
Main Task: To support the PIN Bangladesh County Programme in strengthening the Protection technical capacity of the team
Main Focus: Strengthening PIN’s country programmes and employees’ capacity to design and implement effective interventions in the following two areas:
Activities in Bangladesh (25 days in total):
- Strengthen Service Mapping & Referral Networks, develop PIN internal procedures, and training team (including recognizing referral cases)
- Assess & strengthen the community-led service/risk mapping elements of the CBP program
- Trainings and capacity building of national team on general protection including training materials to be used later
- Training and capacity building of team on Protection Mainstreaming including designing curriculum and practical training materials for PIN team to conduct trainings for project partners, non-protection Service Providers, and Duty Bearers
- Support on developing guidelines for use of community centers as meeting spaces (and basic of standards of Child/female friendly spaces guidelines)
- Training of team on basics of GBV/violence survivors/trauma including training materials to be used later
- Review of current vulnerability targeting activities & recommendations for PIN procedure including training the team
- Service Maps and Referral Procedures in areas of operation
- Community-led service/risk mapping tools adapted to the local context (literacy, cultural, religious, etc.)
- Protection training materials (for PIN team)
- Protection Mainstreaming curriculum/training materials for Service Providers & Duty Bearers
- GBV training materials (for PIN team)
- Context specific vulnerability targeting SoPs
- Community Center guidelines
- Cash for Protection Outcomes Strategy
- Recommendations on further capacity building resources and training materials for various levels of team positions
- Sound technical knowledge and experience (at least 3 years) with implementation of protection programmes
- Significant experience in proposal development for major donors including results frameworks and indicators to measure the impact and outcomes
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Experience conducting evaluations of humanitarian or development programming is an asset
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines, have flexibility, work independently, manage multiple tasks and work effectively in fast-paced and multi-cultural environments.
- Excellent communication skills
People in Need offers:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization
- Being part of a committed, professional and friendly team
- 220- 250 USD /day
- PIN covers all costs related to the short-term relocation to the countries, such as flights, accommodation, visas etc.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).