Protection & Education Programme Coordinator for Northwest Syria
Contract duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Syria
Base: Middle East
Line Manager: Deputy Area Director for NW Syria
People in Need delivers assistance in Northern Syria addressing the needs of IDPs and hosting communities in several sectors such as food security, livelihoods, shelter, protection, education and WASH. PIN is well-established organization with several field offices, direct implementation and more than 400 employees. Main office sits in Erbil and provides support services to field teams inside Syria. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $35 million across Syria and funding from humanitarian donors including ECHO, OFDA, FFP, SDC and DFID.
About the mission:
PIN’s key programming areas in NWS include a combination of immediate humanitarian response and early recovery activities in the following sectors:
- Emergency Response
- Food security
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Livelihood and Agriculture
With supervision from the Deputy Area Director and support from other members of the team and technical guidance from the Head of Programmes, PIN´s Education in Emergencies Advisor and Protection Mainstreaming Advisor, the Protection & Education Programme Coordinator will have a key role in leading a programme team in Northwest Syria, implementation and ensuring overall quality of the education programming in all PIN’s areas of operation in Northwest Syria. Additionally, he/she will act as a focal point for overall protection mainstreaming in North West Syria.
General Position summary:
The Education & Protection Programme Coordinator main responsibilities include:
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of PIN’s Education programming, both formal and non-formal, in Northwest Syria (remote management);
- Provide technical guidance and backstopping to the education teams in program implementation
- Work closely with the Area Director, Head of Programmes and M&E Manager to ensure that all education activities are being appropriately monitored, evaluated and that feedback is reflected in ongoing programming;
- Participate in identifying opportunities to increase scope and quality of PIN´s education programmes;
- Contribute to the development of PIN’s Syria Education strategy and sectorial quality guidelines;
- With support of the Grants Department develop programme proposals and ensure timely and quality internal and donor reporting;
- Promote synergies and coordination across all PIN’s areas of operation among Education actors, represent PIN and work closely with the Education cluster, working groups and other relevant actors, and maintain close collaboration and good relations with donors and other partners;
- Supporting other PIN NWS programmes in implementation of protection mainstreaming standards across the all programs.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- At least 3 years of professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization managing education and protection programs;
- Experience with team management and supervision, and interest in building the capacity of national teams;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English;
- Strong grasp of all stages of programme cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming, including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts, including familiarity with the humanitarian context of Syria or the Middle East, would be an advantage.
People in Need offers:
- Salary and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale and HR policies, expected starting salary according to PIN salary scale.
- Opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development;
- Housing in PIN guesthouse covered by PIN;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line;
- Travel health insurance.
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).