Protection & Shelter Program Manager
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with possibility to extend
People in Need (PIN) operates in five countries in the South-East Asia region, including Nepal and Myanmar, and has been present in Cox's Bazar since November 2017. PIN effectively started its Rohingya response activities in February 2018 through close collaboration with two local partners. At this time, PIN’s main programming is in Protection with activities in other sectors including Shelter/NFI. PIN works closely with national and international partners and is part of the coordination structures relevant to the Rohingya refugee crisis.
In Bangladesh, PIN has developed and is implementing a unique community-based protection program Her Safety which was originally implemented in internally displaced communities following the 2015 earthquake in Nepal. The methodology has been adapted for the Rohingya crisis and focuses on gender, age and diversity of protection needs (particularly those of women and adolescent girls) and addresses such needs directly through the gender-focused workshops and cash grants for small-scale community-led safety projects. PIN has also worked on shelter upgrades and NFI distributions.
This position will have a main emphasis on Protection programming but may also oversee program management of other sectors as required with support of national colleagues.
- Full responsibility for achieving project results and indicators, fulfilling the contractual obligations of the project, and ensuring timely and quality implementation
- Responsible for technical oversight and development of methodology of the program including curricula, guidelines, etc. required for implementation of the program
- Compliance with PIN’s sectoral guidelines, international standards, and in country sectoral strategies
- Responsible for proactive and continuous improvement of project quality and relevance
- Insurance of MEAL and data collection, including CRM, in line with PIN and donor requirements and ensuring accountability to beneficiaries
- Utilization of lessons learned for concrete improvements in program implementation and sharing internally and externally with other partners
- Responsible for financial spending and monitoring of direct costs, including national partner’s costs; ensuring sound financial management of the program budgets (monthly financial review, forecasting, reporting, etc.)
- Initiation and follow-up of procurements and payments related to program needs in coordination with the Finance and Logistics Officers and in compliance with PIN and donor procedures; including procurement planning
- Responsible for all HR processes related to the program team including recruitment, performance management, capacity building and mentoring of national PIN and partners’ staff (including the identification of training needs and development of training plans)
- Insuring strong communication channels between the field and program manager levels
- Mainstreaming and integration of protection in PIN’s and/or partner’s activities
- Supporting Communication and Advocacy efforts in coordination with the Country Director and HQ team
- Close coordination and collaboration with the relevant HQ team members including the Desk Officer, sectoral advisors, etc.
Project Development and Coordination:
- Lead on technical & programmatic aspects of proposal development including assessment of needs, feasibility of project, logframes/indicators, and narrative and budget development
- Responsible for preparation on all reports to donors, local authorities, and internally to PIN as required
- Develop mapping and understanding of the humanitarian environment, including other actors and any potential gaps based on the needs of the community; ensuring complimentarily of programming with other actors; emphasis on Protection but other relevant sectors as well
- Contributing innovative and relevant ideas for new program development based on the needs of the refugee and host communities
- Proactive communication with donors in coordination with the Country Director and HQ
- Representation of PIN at relevant sector coordination meeting, working groups, and other relevant bodies
- Collaboration with national partners/NGOs, other INGOs, UN agencies, local authorities and any other relevant stakeholders
Security and Systems:
- Compliance with all general PIN policies (Code of Conduct, Safeguarding policies, etc.) and responsibility for the team’s understanding and compliance
- Contribute to the development of the in country SOPs and security and safety rules led by the Country Director; Compliance with all security and safety rules and regulations and responsibility for the team’s compliance
- Compliance with all financial and administrative rules and regulations (Financial guidelines, Procurement guidelines, National and international staff policy, etc.) and responsibility for the team’s compliance
- Minimum 3 years previous work experience in the humanitarian sector
- Past experience in Protection strongly preferred; previous experience in camp settings is an advantage
- Ability to work independently in a challenging context is a must
- As part of a newly established, dynamic, and growing mission, candidate must be flexible, adaptable, and willing to wear multiple hats as a Program Manager
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- 3.000 – 3.400 USD (before taxation), per diems included, based on candidate’s profile
- Work in dynamic and motivated team
- Work experience with professional and flexible NGO, the largest in Central and Eastern Europe
- Accommodation and local transport costs covered
- Costs of visas and vaccination covered
- Medical helpdesk (in the Czech Republic, provided in English)
- Travel insurance (covers the health care incl. the repatriation)
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- 2 flights to home country covered per year
How to Apply:
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please click on the green button "Apply for this job" and fill the application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.