Regional Project Manager in Balkans
Position: Regional Project Manager (Serbia & KOSOVO)
Starting date: ASAP
Contract Length: 30 months
Country Programme: Western Balkans
Base: Belgrade, Serbia with frequent travels to Kosovo and throughout Serbia
Line Manager: Regional Representative for Western Balkans
About the Western Balkans Programme of People in Need:
People in Need started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development. Since the late 2000s, PIN has been working with local organizations to promote social inclusion and good governance at the local level. More information is available on PIN’s website, www.peopleinneed.cz.
About the role:
PIN is looking for an experienced manager for its new regional project starting in February 2020. This 30-month long project will be implemented in a consortium of international and local organizations and will aim to promote citizen engagement and social inclusion in municipalities of Serbia and Kosovo.
The Regional Project Manager is expected to lead on the successful implementation of this strategic project, in particular manage PIN’s project managers based in Serbia and Kosovo, oversee the performance of local partner organizations, communicate with other consortium members and the donor and coordinate with PIN’s Western Balkans operations team to identify and manage risks arising from the project implementation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the implementation of the project aiming at achieving the results and indicators and fulfilling the contractual obligations
- Oversight of M&E and data collection in line with PIN’s requirements in close cooperation with the local MEAL Coordinator and Regional Programme Quality Adviser (Prague)
- Responsibility for the projects’ progress, spending plans, budget monitoring and reporting
- Compliance with sectorial guidelines and internal procedures
- Coordinate actively with all relevant stakeholders at national and municipal level
- Represent PIN and partners towards donor and other consortium members
- Manage the team, ensure the full implementation according to PIN and the partners’ standards and the national staff policy
- Ensure the overall capacity building of the team and partners
- Ensure proper archiving of all required documentation in the Data Management System
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience
- Experience in the good governance and civil society development sphere
- Strong people management skills, including successful experience in remote management
- Excellent communication and external representation skills
- Fluent knowledge of English; knowledge of a local language an asset
- Experience with coordination within consortia is a strong advantage
- Critical analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity, tolerance and acceptance of diversity
- Empathy with the organisations values and its approach
- Full Computer Literacy, advanced in MS Office tools
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies,
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work (in case of an expatriate), plus regional travel benefits according to PIN’s policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation Allowance
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance.
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
How to Apply:Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).