Social Cohesion Program Manager in Myanmar
Location: Sittwe with regular field travel
Starting date: May 2020 or based on agreement
Duration: 15 months
Line Manager: Area Manager for Rakhine Sate
Staff Management: Around 10 staff
Summary of position
The Social Cohesion Program Manager will lead a Social Cohesion component throughout a community stabilization project that is set to be implemented in 30 communities in Rakhine state. This position will include leading the implementation of financial support and capacity building of youth (with specific focus on social cohesion and conflict mitigation practices), of community-based actions (with specific focus on leadership and conflict mitigation practices). The Program Manager´s position will be located in Sittwe but will require frequent travels to other townships in Rakhine state to monitor implementation of activities. Due to uncertain security dynamics remote managed may be anticipated. The Program Manager works under the supervision of PIN´s Area Manager for Rakhine state and with assistance of local Project Manager, manages social cohesion and women empowerment teams.
- Oversees aspects of project cycle management, including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, financial management, and cash flow planning. Engages in needs assessment / identification as the contribution to proposal preparation under guidance of the Area Manager.
- Continuous supervision and improvement of the project quality
- In cooperation with the Area Manager, follows all contractual obligations (project documentation + donor's contract)
- Ensures that Results-based Monitoring & Evaluation and Complaint and Response mechanism (CRM) are in place and functional in the project
- Produces project-related data inputs as well as outputs in close collaboration with the M&E Unit
- With the close support of the Head of Systems and Operations at the CP and under supervision of the Area Manageer, follows up on monthly basis the direct spending of the project/s, including preparation of spending plans (forecasts) and money requests
- Prepares and ensures qualitative and quantitative information sharing during the monthly project planning and review meetings with the Area Manager.
- Together with Area Manager and other focal personnel conduct quarterly project review workshops to identify key achievements and issues. Where necessary, develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensures proper documentation of all learnings and outputs implemented throughout the project.
- In the case of PIN projects implemented in the partnership with other NGOs (Consortium), cooperates with all relevant partners and represents the Consortium
- Participates in recruitment process and manages human resources in line with the project logic
- Team leadership, including supervision and evaluation of the team. Direct management of Field Coordinator/s and supervision of coordinator’s project staff management
- Active involvement, under the guidance of the Area Manager/Head of Programmes, in the development of new proposals, in line with the PIN country strategy and PIN Relief and Development Department strategy
- Under the guidance of the Area Manager, participates in networking and coordination among donors and key stakeholders
- Collaborates with the Communication Officer, SDO and DO on Communication, Public relations and Strategy of the programme
- With the support of the Area Manager, maintains relations with all implementing partners inside the Consortium projects/s and represents the Consortium
- In close collaboration with Security Focal Points, Area Manager and Head of Systems and Operations, reviews compliance with all security & safety rules and regulations set-up in the SOPs relevant to his/her project sites
- In compliance with the security rules, PM is responsible of the security in his/her project at field level. She/He maintains the humanitarian access in the project area through active presence, discussions and negotiations with key stakeholders (e.g. sector-related state authorities, local leaders, local administration…).
- Identify needs for capacity building and plan trainings for team members, unsure provision of mentoring and backstopping where relevant.
- Design and conduct trainings and support development training materials, manuals and training modules.
Skills and Qualifications
- Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building of national and international staff.
- Technical knowledge in one of the following thematic areas highly preferred: social cohesion, women’s leadership, CSO capacity building, community stabilization.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks independently
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork attitude
- Fluent English both spoken and written.
- Experience working in conflict affected setting preferred.
- Experience within the Southeast Asian region and understanding of local dynamics preferred.
- Salary of 3,400 USD (before taxation, per diems included)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work.
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line;
- Travel health insurance
- Guess house (depending on availability) or a housing allowance of 500 USD
- 25 days of paid leave annually
How to Apply
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter by clicking on this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).