Software Engineer for Humansis platform
Line Manager: Product Owner
Location: Based in Prague, Czech Republic
Starting date: ASAP
Engagement: part time (0,5) to full time, based on preference
Purpose of the Position
The purpose of the role is to provide technical expertise for the operation and ongoing development of the Humansis, an information management and aid delivery platform for the humanitarian community developed by People in Need. Under the overall supervision of the Product Owner, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical advice on the design, development and implementation of the Humansis platform. The role will also involve assisting in particular with furthering the structure and design of existing and newer modules to ensure it is following a human centred design philosophy and also engages design thinking as a key principle.
Technical Engineering Support
- Work closely with external software developers to ensure best practice testing requirements are followed.
- Engage in technical business analysis to ensure that the Humansis platform is meeting the latest best practice industry standards of design.
- Review and write unit, integration, and regression tests when appropriate.
- Write technical documentation (Design Briefs and User Guides).
- Assist with 1st level technical support issues where required.
Human Centred Design
- Gathering business/user requirements and translating into design solutions via human centred design methods and workshops
- Scenario mapping, user flows and storyboarding
- Planning, prepping and running user research: interviews, contextual inquiries, usability testing and lean insight reports
- Design thinking implementation - running multi-variant testing, using quantitative evidence to support design rationale i.e.: analytics, call drivers etc.
- Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Candidates must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and have the ability to work under tight deadlines in an extremely fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- A university degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field is required. Two (2) years qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree.
- A minimum of 12 months of relevant experience at a comparative organization in identifying, designing and implementing software solutions for projects with technical components is required.
- Comprehension of working within Agile software development processes.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required.
Other Preferred Experience
- 12 Months PHP Experience
- Must be comfortable with popular integration methods i.e. Rest API and/or Webhooks
- Proficient in wireframing and interactive prototyping. Both conceptual and delivery ready designs
- Appreciation of DevOps, CI/CD and Testing practices
- Motivated self-starter, team player, and ability to work independently
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Salary based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our Prague office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to Apply?
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).