What are cookies?
A cookie is a term for a small packet of data sent by a web server to a web browser and stored in a user's computer. When the user visits the same server again, the browser sends the data back to the server. Cookies recognize individual users, they keep track of user's customization etc., and so they make web using easier.
Cookie information can then be used for targeted advertising, statistical evaluation of visitor behaviour, etc.
The organization Člověk v tísni o. p. s. (People in Need), Šafaříkova 635/24, 120 00, Prague 2, ID No: 25755277, registered by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section O, File 119 ("Controller"), contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org, contact details of the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com, as the operator of this website uses the cookies on this website for the purpose of:
- tracking website traffic and creating visitor statistics involving visitor traffic and visitor behaviour on websites;
- functioning of websites.
The collection of cookies for the purposes referred to in the first paragraph may be considered processing of personal data.
Such processing is possible on the basis of a legal ground such as:
- the Controller's legitimate interest in case of technical and analytical cookies, enabled by Article 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) ("GDPR" or "Regulation").
- your consent is a legitimate reason for cookies processing with cookies designated for ad targeting. You grant your consent by setting up your browser for the time that is listed below for each type of a marketing cookie. You can take back your consent to collect cookie data for marketing purposes at any time by changing your browser settings.
Websites can also be used in a mode that does not allow the collection of website visitor's behaviour information - this mode can either be set within the browser settings or it is available to object to such a collection of data based on the legitimate interest of the Controller due to Article 21 of the Regulation, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your objection will then be evaluated urgently, no later than 30 days after being received. The cookies necessary for the functionality of the site will only be retained for the time necessary for the operation of the site.
If you object to the processing of the technical cookies necessary for the functioning of the website, in such a case it is not possible to guarantee the full functionality and compatibility of the website.
Cookies that are collected to measure site traffic and generate statistics on visitor traffic and visitor behaviour on the web are considered in their complexity and in a pseudonymized form that makes identifying individuals possible only with a considerable and professional effort.
Cookies are stored for the time specified below for each type of cookie.
Collected cookies are processed by other processors:
- Google Analytics Provider, operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA;
- A Web Solution Provider run by Automattic, Inc. - WordPress.com, based in San Francisco, California, USA
- Facebook Ireland Limited, based at 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, D02 X525, Ireland
- LinkedIn Corporation, Sunnyvale, USA
- Seznam.cz, a.s., ID No 26168685.
The aforementioned platforms (processors) also handle cookies in accordance with their terms of service, which you can find here in particular:
Please note that under the Regulation you have the right:
- to ask the Controller for information about which of your personal data is being processed, or request a copy,
- to request the access to these data from the Controller and update or correct these data, or limit the processing,
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (if data processing is based on consent), for example by sending an email or letter to the Controller,
- to request the Controller to erase the personal data – they will delete your data if the deletion does not violate the applicable legal regulations and the legitimate interests of the Controller,
- in case of the processing of personal data by consent, to request the transmission of such data,
- in case of doubt about compliance with personal data processing, to contact the Controller or the Office for Personal Data Protection or the court.
The Controller collects the following cookies on our websites:
|Type||Purpose||Expiration||Access to information|
|Analytical||Uses Google Analytics to send information about visitor behaviour on the web.||For the time of the visit up to 2 years||google-analytics.com Opt-out from Google Analytics cookies|
|Analytical||Uses Google Analytics to send information about visitor behaviour on the web.||1 month up to 2 years||google-analytics.com Opt-out from Google Analytics cookies|
|Marketing||Uses Google Analytics to send information about visitor behaviour on the web.||For the time of the visit||google-analytics.com Opt-out from Google Analytics cookies|
|Marketing||We use Google Optimize cookies tool from Google, Inc. for customizing and testing specific sections of the web. With this technology, we can personalize the website specifically for you and then measure whether such personalization makes it easy to navigate and find information on the web.||google.com Opt-out from Google Optimize cookies|
|Marketing||For the time of the visit||facebook.com Opt-out from Facebook cookies|
|Marketing||Uses Google Adwords to target ads||For the time of the visit||google.com|
How to disable cookies?
Cookies use can be set up using your internet browser. Most browsers automatically accept cookies by default. You can disable cookies using your web browser or you can enable only certain cookies.
You can find information about browsers and about how to set cookies preferences on the following websites: