Discover People in Need in November
Discover People in Need is a unique event designed especially for senior business professionals, who have considered using their experience in the Humanitarian and Development sector.
• Have you ever wondered what it would be like to provide aid to people in need around the world?
• Do you already have 5+ years of professional experience and have you been thinking about changing your career and/or starting a new one in a different field?
• Do you find the idea of working for People in Need attractive, but you would like to get real experience?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, come and put yourself in the shoes of a People in Need employee for one day! You will have the opportunity to experience the everyday life of an NGO worker, both at the headquarters and at the country programs abroad through various hands-on activities and personal meetings with our management and other colleagues.
Whom will you meet with?
See the bios of some of the hosts of the program HERE
People in Need is one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe. Our humanitarian and development department contains more than 1,300 employees who work both at our headquarters in Prague and at country programs in more than 22 different countries around the world. Humanitarian aid entails speedy intervention to save lives, alleviate suffering and help disaster victims get back on their feet. Development cooperation involves supporting people in their struggle to escape poverty and ensuring their further development. (Learn more.)
WHEN and WHERE: November 23, 2018 from 9 am to 6 pm in Prague 2
What will you gain by attending the event?
• Hands-on experience through simulations based on the real situations from the field
• Get to know the work culture in a professional non-profit organization
• Learn more about humanitarian aid and development cooperation around the world
• Step out of your regular routine and find out if this work is right for you
• Meet our management and experts
The specific program will be set according to the chosen participants. We aim to create program that corresponds to expertise and expectations and discusses the most relevant topics in order to utilise the time and efforts efficiently.
If interested, please follow these instructions:
Apply by clicking on this link, available until 31. 10. After receiving your application, we will ask you to answer a few questions via a short video questionnaire for us to be able to prepare the most relevant program and put together the best networking group (the login to the video questionnaire will be sent to you after we receive your application by email).
The final location and program will be sent to the confirmed participants. This event is free and refreshments will be provided. Travel and accommodation costs are not included.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to send an email to Lucie at: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!