Volunteering around the world – EU Aid Volunteers
People in Need (PIN) and our partners from Alliance2015 offer the opportunity to volunteer at missions all around the world.
The EU Aid Volunteers initiative provides an exceptional opportunity to become directly involved in the various activities in countries affected by conflict or natural disasters. Volunteers get to experience the global repercussions of humanitarian and developmental aid. In return, volunteers provide much-needed support to individual aid projects, as well capacity building.
PIN sends volunteers to a variety of missions in places such as Turkey, Cambodia, Angola, Georgia, Myanmar and the Philippines. In 2019, volunteers can also look out for vacancies at some of our newly certified missions in Mongolia, Moldova and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
We provide support throughout deployment. This includes accommodation, travel costs, insurance, and a monthly allowance while in country, as well as a resettlement fund upon return. People in Need also supports personal development throughout the internship.
You can find a complete list of all volunteer opportunities on the website of the General Directory for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations of European Commission (ECHO) website. You can also see the current volunteering vacancies on the People in Need website, available here.
For more information about EU Aid, click here.
Questions? Comments? Contact:
Read about our volunteers:
- During January 2019, interested candidates will be able to apply for new positions under the EU Aid Volunteers initiative via People in need
- Halfway through my EUAV journey - Francesca in Cambodia
- Volunteering within the EU Aid Volunteers initiative
- New job opportunities as part of EU Aid Volunteers Initiative
- „Volunteering helps me to grow as a professional,“ says Paolo, EU Aid Volunteer in Kazbegi
- How to become a volunteer in Angola, Cambodia or Turkey
- Volunteering in a retirement home as well as in South Sudan: Martina Voháňková’s journey to meaningful work
- Volunteers act first. They provide support in times of instability, disasters and humanitarian crises
- EU Aid Volunteers Initiative – volunteering abroad