Position: Innovation Advisor
Starting date: June 2015
Job Title: Innovation Advisor
Organization Name: Prague Civil Society Centre
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Reports to: Director of Programme
People in Need seeks candidates for a position of Innovation Advisor in an emerging, progressive, multi-national team of Prague Civil Society Centre. Starting as People in Need’s project, the Centre will spin off as an independent organization as soon as viable. The Centre’s mission is to empower civil society actors across Eurasia in their quest for changes, striving for more open, democratic societies that would respect human rights and dignity. In the face of recent trends in undermining civil society in the region, the Centre is to nurture and support both established and emerging organizations and initiatives and bring together active citizens of very different backgrounds. The focus is on innovative approaches and methods of operation. The Centre is going to serve as a hub of civil society activists from all over Eastern Europe and Central Asia, facilitator of working bonds, knowledge-sharing, and exchange of rich and inspiring expertise that has been accumulated in the region.
The Innovation Advisor contributes to the development and implementation of the programmes of the Centre as well as their evaluation by integrating expertise on innovative communication methods and teaching/ training tools in the Centre’s operations.
S/he prepares training programmes specifically focused on the use of technology & innovations in the non-profit sector.
S/he proactively identifies gaps in the Centre’s expertise vis-a-vis recent trends in communication technologies and training and learning methods and finds ways to fill them by applying most appropriate approaches.
S/he follows development of innovative technologies both in general and in the target region of Eurasia and adapts the Centre’s use of technologies to ensure the most efficient, smooth and safe communication with partners in the target countries.
S/he develops partnerships with technological companies in the region and around Central Europe and beyond to deliver solutions for civil society in the region.
S/he analyzes, evaluates and supplements grant proposals with a focus on their innovative aspects.
S/he supports the team and especially the Program Directors on all matters related to innovation and technologies in the implementation of the Centre’s activities.
- Carry out an assessment of the needs of civil society in the region with respect to ICT technologies and innovative solutions.
- Conduct research into the region’s existing civic engagement projects employing ICT technologies and innovative solutions.
- Conceive, design and develop innovative communication, networking and learning/teaching tools.
- Support partners in the region in developing and implementing innovative communication, networking and learning/teaching tools.
- Cooperate with the team by generating and providing expert knowledge where needed.
- Follow development in the area of social innovations and technology and scout for solutions applicable in non-profit sector
- Provide leadership on special projects as needed.
- University degree in IT, communication, media, social sciences or other relevant areas
- Proved track record in innovative ICT projects, minimum 5 years of work experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge of the region, its specifics, technology and communication issues
- Experience with training and teaching tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, trustworthiness and team spirit
- Excellent knowledge of English, ability to communicate in Russian
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letter (up to 3 pages) and CV in English before 31 Mayl 2015 to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.