Education Project Manager - Iraq
Position: Paid job
Starting date: ASAP
Since early 2015, PIN has been providing emergency assistance to conflict affected people in Iraq. Over the past years, PIN has been active mostly in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) and newly accessible areas of Ninewa governorate in Shelter/NFI, WASH and education sectors.
PIN has been focusing on provision of quality education and psychosocial support to IDP and returnee/host communities affected by the conflict in Northern Iraq since summer 2015. Through the projects funded from Czech MFA, ECHO, GIZ, IHPF and UNICEF, PIN has been able to reach 14,200 children. The activities include rehabilitation of schools, training of teachers on PSS and pedagogy skills including post-training supervision, Back-to-school campaigns, distribution of scholastic materials, school-based structured PSS activities for children, accelerated learning programme for children who missed months of education and support to existing PTAs.
PIN is seeking an Education Project Manager to oversee education projects implemented in KRI and parts of Ninewa governorate. The Education Project Manager will report to Education Programme Manager.
Location: Erbil/Dohuk with travels within KRI and Ninewa governorate
Starting date: June 2017
Duration: 12 months (with the possibility extension)
The main tasks of the Education Project Manager are:
- Day-to-day management and supervision of the education projects in Northern Iraq;
- Coordination of activities with other stakeholders and humanitarian actors;
- Responsibility for the projects’ progress, spending plans and reporting;
- Contribution to the development of an Iraq Education Strategy;
- Developing and maintaining a database of projects’ outputs, activity tracking, training evaluation and achieved results to provide information for both internal and external reporting;
- Responsibility for recruitment, training and development of the capacities of project staff;
- Evaluation and quality control of projects;
- Through close monitoring of the context, developing approaches and activities ensuring promotion of the Do No Harm principle;
- Developing new projects and liaise with donors
- Contribution to identification of trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities in education sector.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Experience of working within the education sector for a humanitarian organization;
- Familiarity with the humanitarian context in Iraq;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Experience of managing staff;
- Experience in budget management, reporting, and donor relations;
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills; and
- Fluency in English - both written and verbal. Knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
- Start –up salary 2200 EUR – 2500 EUR(before taxation, including per diem)
- Possibility to gain interesting working experience within a professional, internationally recognized NGO;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Travel insurance relevant for war zone;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the country of resince once per every 6 months;
- Travel benefits in the form of two regional flight tickets per year;
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse or housing allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave per year
How to apply:
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and cover letter as soon as possible via green button "APPLY" on following link: https://inhiro.com/job/id/11688. As a subject please use "Education Project Manager - Iraq".
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.