1Planet4All Project Manager
Starting date: January 2022 or asap
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Languages: Excellent English, Native Czech
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2020, more than 1600 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Aid Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague is looking for a new colleague to become Project Manager for 1Planet4Al.
1Planet4All is an ongoing international project in 11 European countries, including the Czech Republic. The project aims to raise awareness of climate change among young people its causes and impacts on us as well as on those living in developing countries. It also focuses on possible solutions and the necessity to assume personal responsibility for a sustainable future.
The project is supported by EU funds and the EU DEAR programme (Development Education and Awareness Raising) whose goal is to motivate young people to address global issues and challenges the world has to tackle.
Specific tasks include:
Coordination of DEAR 1Planet4All project partners
Operational: Activities overview, finding synergies between project partners, tracking the project progress, communication between partners, following the budget spending, organization of regular calls/meetings with partners.
- Strategic decisions within the DEAR project in cooperation with CAD department of People in Need
- Planning and coordination of (social media) campaigns using of all outputs of PIN and project partners
- Organization of DEAR events, meetings and workshops in the Czech Republic
- Following the progress in project indicators
- Reporting and communication with the donor
Coordination and administration of DEAR activities in the Czech Republic
Operational: Managing contracts, invoices, tender procedures.
- Coordination with other PIN departments - mainly One World in Schools, Variants, Migration.
- Coordination with external suppliers (e.g., evaluators, PR company)
- Planning and coordination of DEAR media trips
- Identifying and establishing strategic partnerships with external partners, e.g., private sector, institutions
- Coordination of activities within ECF (Science4all) project (project coordination and management)
- Looking for next funding opportunities - finding and addressing donors and other potential contributors/partners from the private and institutional sector for follow-up projects and further communication/awareness activities
Core competencies for the role:
- Experience with the management of EU-funded program.
- Strong leadership and coordination/management skills in international team.
- Experience with programming focused on European youth, climate change or awareness raising is welcomed.
- Proven experience in drafting proposals for key donors such as EU, USAID or UN.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks independently, responsibly.
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork attitude.
- Fluent English and Czech both spoken and written.
- Ability to work under stress with tight deadlines.
- Understanding and commitment to the values of People in Need
People in Need offers:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Starting salary in the range 37 500 - 42 000 CZK gross per month based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).