Location: Prague, Brussels, or any other location
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension (transfer to a contract with indefinite period)
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights, and social inclusion. In 2022, more than 2000 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Aid Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, Middle East, and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with a turnover of more than 230 million EUR in 2022) is looking for a new colleague to become Advocacy Advisor for our country programmes.
The Advocacy Advisor will be responsible for supporting PIN's international advocacy efforts focused on European advocacy, as well as aiding in the development of country-specific program advocacy strategies and identifying additional advocacy opportunities relevant to PIN's work. The Advocacy Advisor will work closely with our internal sector advisors to support PIN long-term country program in formulating an advocacy strategy. Additionally, the Advocacy Advisor will actively participate in/lead PIN advocacy efforts on the international level and support PIN country programs in being active members of relevant advocacy platforms/networks at the country levels.
- Support formulating advocacy strategies for country programs
- Work with relevant PIN staff to ensure a good understanding and ability to forward the advocacy messages of respective country programs to target audiences.
- Actively participate in/lead PIN advocacy efforts on the international level.
- Support PIN country programs in being active members of relevant advocacy platforms/networks at the country levels.
SUPPORT TO PIN COUNTRY PROGRAMS:
- Support the development of advocacy strategies for PIN country programs in cooperation with national and KLD technical advisors.
- Conduct advocacy workshops and trainings for other responsible colleagues within PIN country programs.
- Create tools and training modules.
- Assist with advocacy research and data collection in collaboration with Technical Advisors
- Participate in the preparation of new project proposals, i.e. contribute to parts related to advocacy and supervise implementation of it during projects duration.
- Support country program advocacy activities implementation.
- Contribute to the design of advocacy materials for PIN, including high-quality research reports, promotional materials, and talking points for senior managers.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of PIN advocacy campaigns.
- Take part in important international advocacy networks and working groups (Concord, etc.) in coordination with Pillar Leads and Heads of Units.
- Contribute to developing the international recognition of PIN’s work in the three pillars of Emergency Response and Recovery, Climate Resilience and Civil Society & Inclusive Governance.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work to a high standard, manage stress while prioritising multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Professional experience in one of the following would be an advantage: Emergency Response & Recovery, Climate Resilience, Civil Society & Inclusive Governance
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to advocacy.
- Creative and with initiative to seek workable solutions.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement campaigns.
- Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Proven excellent writing skills in English.
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work in an international environment
- Salary according to the PIN salary scale and local cost of living depending on your location
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- 3 days of sick leave
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance, etc.
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- For Prague-based employees: Child daycare for employee’s children (kindergarten in the building of our office in Prague), Multisport card for sports and recreation in the Czech Republic, Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Extensive Capacity Building program – internal and external - Induction training, internal e-learnings, Knowledge and Learning Department onboarding, eventual HEAT Training, Humentum trainings (www.humentum.org ), PuntoSud trainings (https://academy.puntosud.org/courses)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, send us your CV, short cover letter and your design portfolio via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.