Cash Programme Manager
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
Country Programme: Moldova
Line Manager: Head of Emergency Response
People in Need (PIN) has been working in Moldova since 2003, providing development support to the local population in three focus areas: agriculture and economy, social protection and inclusion, and civil society empowerment and engagement. Since the conflict in Ukraine escalated in February and brought the consequent displacement into neighbouring countries, PIN started providing humanitarian assistance focusing on protection and cash transfers to host population. PIN has been implementing large scale EU funded cash intervention reaching up to 40,000 people even prior to the refugee influx and is now scaling up to extend the support to families hosting refugees. Protection assistance focuses on psycho-social support for refugees and hosting population and support local civil society organisations who are working with refugees. PIN emergency programme portfolio in Moldova is currently funded by DG ECHO, WFP and PIN Public Appeal collection.
Under the supervision of People in Need’s Head of Emergency Response, the Cash Programme Manager will provide strategic direction and vision for the cash programme and will be responsible for project management of the cash programme of the refugee crisis response focused on multi-purpose cash assistance to refugees and hosting communities. S/he will ensure the programme’s comprehensive development and high-quality implementation. S/he will also provide technical support and capacity development to PIN programme team including field staff. S/he will ensure PIN is represented at relevant cash coordination platforms, meetings and collaborative relationship is established with all key actors.
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles to ensure efficient and effective implementation of cash interventions in line with PIN and key humanitarian program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools to ensure relevance, efficiency and quality of programming.
- Develop implementation plans setting out future activities and track progress of cash-based project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources.
- Manage the project team, share technical know-how, provide technical expertise and guidance to project staff as appropriate and build their capacity in technical aspects of cash programming (e.g. deliver trainings and workshops, provide on the job couching etc.), manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Contribute to recruitment process of project staff.
- Manage the budget and assist in the development of cash-flow projections and budget forecasting.
- Ensure all project activities, procurement and spending are in compliance with both People in Need and donor rules and regulations.
- In cooperation with MEAL team, develop and regularly update the MEAL plan, ensure the cash activities learning and lessons learned informed by findings of needs assessment, surveys, and monitoring activities.
- In cooperation with Emergency Coordinator, pro-actively coordinate with all project partners, local stakeholders, other NGOs active in the area, government authorities and media.
- Participate and contribute in the Cash technical Working Group and cluster meetings and reporting, represent PIN at cash coordination platforms and events.
- Ensure timely and quality donor reporting and external communication.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to cash programming.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian programming and project management;
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and Cash and Voucher Assistance standards;
- Strong coordination and communication skills and ability to lead trainings and meetings;
- A proven record of effective project and people management;
- Experience engaging with partner organizations;
- Proven experience with contribution to technical components of project proposals;
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and preferably knowledge of Russian
What PIN offers:
- Salary as per PIN salary scale (per diems included): 3200 – 3800 EUR, depending on the seniority grade;
- Accommodation allowance
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work according to PIN's policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Travel health insurance and 24/7 medical helpdesk
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).