Communications & One World UK Coordinator
PIN is an international non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the values of humanism, freedom, equality, dignity and solidarity. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to benefit from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We have recently established PIN UK, and we are planning to bring One World Human Rights Film Festival to the UK.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will help deliver a strategy to promote PIN UK to a range of audiences. You will develop and maintain relationships in order to establish One World film festival in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals interested in using film festivals to engage audiences on challenging human rights issues, fostering critical thinking skills and providing concrete examples of the power of the individuals to make a change in their society.
The position is based in our London office, we can offer flexible working hours and some days working from home.
Key deliverables (essential duties and responsibilities):
- Develop a communications strategy for PIN UK and oversee its delivery: maintaining website and social media platform
- Liaise with partner universities/institutions to establish and run One World film festivals
- Recruit student volunteers at partner universities/institutions to set up local One World festivals
- Engage potential donors for PIN UK with support to bid writing and public fundraising
- Maintain regular communication with the international One World programme leadership team
- Support the implementation of a risk management strategy, identifying, reporting and mitigating risks to the successful delivery of the One World film festival
What are we looking for?
- A creative, dynamic and proactive individual
- Demonstrated passion for films and documentaries on human rights and international issues
- Experienced with events planning and budget management
- Strong communication and public-speaking skills
- Ability to use social media & digital platforms
- Demonstrated experience of graphic design and development of digital content would be an advantage (please reference in application)
- 25 days of paid leave annually plus national holidays
- Flexible working hours
- The employer will make its statutory contributions towards mandatory payment of national insurance and income tax (Pay As You Earn)
- Pension plan: the employer will contribute 3% of monthly salary (calculated based on pensionable earnings) towards pension
- Statutory sick pay, maternity/paternity leave and other statutory requirements as per UK employment law
How to apply:Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).