Country Director - Talent Pool
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO that provides assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in Central Europe. PIN provides relief where it needed and empowers civil society in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
The Relief and Development Department of PIN focuses on humanitarian aid and developmental assistance. Essentially, in addition to helping people in crisis, we aim to develop sustainable solutions that will continue long after the termination of our projects.
We are growing therefore we are making a pool of experienced candidates who can fill our positions in the near future.
Country Director (CD) is the main representative of PIN at the provincial as well as the country level and is responsible for the strategic leadership of the country programme. The CD supervises the country programs, finances, human resources, logistics and security. A considerable part of the CD's responsibilities consist of medium-term and long-term activities, strategic planning, establishment and maintenance of managerial procedures, recording and putting into practice lessons learned and capacity building. Another important role is supporting, motivating and consulting the country programme’s staff as well as fundraising and liaising with donors, networking, understanding donors’ priorities and actively seeking new funding opportunities.
- Proven work experience in development and/or a humanitarian context, especially with program and/or country program management and staff management
- Strong leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building of national and international staff
- Experience with projects designing and strategic planning, Project Cycle Management (PCM) fundraising, knowledge of the institutional donors environment
- Sound understanding of the principles of humanitarian and developmental work
- Excellent working knowledge of English, other languages (French, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian) would be an advantage
- Superb communication skills and cultural sensitivity
- Mature, well-balanced individual able to work independently in a challenging environment
- Knowledge of a specific region and understanding of local dynamics is a significant advantage
What we offer:
- Possibility to gain interesting work experience within a professional, internationally recognized NGO
- Interesting and creative work with global reach (possibility to travel to our foreign missions)
- Salary based on the PIN salary scale, based on experience and seniority
- Reimbursement of costs for visas and vaccinations
- Travel insurance
- 25 days of paid leave per year
- Talent pool position – if interested, you will be contacted regarding any available position relevant to you
How To Apply:
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.