Country Programme Coordinator for Asia
Position: Country Programme Coordinator for Asia
Contract Length: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Base: Prague, HQ
Line Manager: Regional Director for Asia
Starting date: September 2022 or upon Agreement
Type of job: Part-time/Full-time
About People in Need:
People in Need is a non-profit organization in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. Currently, more than 1900 employees are working in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with a turnover of more than 80 million EUR in 2021) is looking for a new colleague to become a Country Programme Coordinator for our Asian country programmes (to be specified).
About the role:
You will become a part of the Asian team of the Relief and Development Department in Prague. As a Country Programme Coordinator (CPC), you will be the closest partner of the Country Programme (CP) and together with its senior management team, you will contribute to its proper management and development. You will support the project cycle management, help to ensure the quality of the programmes and the collection of learning, will be in charge of project administration when needed and also cooperate on a country’s strategy and its fulfilment. You will be responsible for representing the programmes to partners, and donors in the Czech Republic and Europe, as well as building partnerships and participating in the programme development. This might entail both participation in the needs assessments as well as in proposal writing for both the major donors such as EC, ECHO, and USAID, but also new donors such as ADB, etc.
You will participate in the staffing of the mission and you will be (in cooperation with CP management) responsible for its balanced economic management. For your colleagues at the CP level, you will be the main HQ contact, when coordinating the agenda, supporting other PIN departments and connecting them with the program. Where relevant, you will participate in the updates of safety and security rules, and last but not least you will control that CP is in accordance with the internal rules and principles of the organization.
For this position we consider important:
- Experience with project coordination, teamwork and/or leadership in the non-profit environment and abroad
- At least 3 years of experience with humanitarian and/or development projects
- Appropriate degree in either humanitarian aid or development is welcome
- Proven proposal writing and reporting skills, preferably with the humanitarian and development donors such as EC, ECHO, USAID, CZDA, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with different groups of people and respect their different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to strengthen relationships with partners and donors in the Czech Republic and abroad
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to organize your work independently and approach things positively even in situations where job requests are rapidly developing
- Experience with budgets, support and supervision in methodologies and evaluations
- Proactivity, analytical thinking, and ability to quickly learn the organization’s internal processes
- Interest or experience with the Asian region is very welcome
- Willingness to travel
- For expatriate staff: Having a valid work permit for the Czech Republic
What we offer:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach (possibility to travel to our Country Programmes)
- Starting salary in the range of 38 000 – 44 000 CZK starting gross/month based on your experience and our salary scale (for full time)
- 25 days of annual leave, sick days
- Laptop and mobile phone with the company tariff
- Multisport card for sports and recreation in the Czech Republic
- Home office upon agreement
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
- Child day care for employees´ children (kindergarten in the building of our office in Prague)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in training in Czech Republic and abroad
- International online induction for all the new staff (HQ + country programmes of RDD);
- Dog friendly office
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter in English via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled. This is an international position, but Ethiopian nationals are encouraged to apply as well. People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).