Education and Protection Programme Manager for Northwest Syria
Contract duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Syria
Base: Gaziantep, Turkey
Line Manager: Deputy Area Director for NW Syria
About the mission:
People in Need delivers assistance in Northern Syria addressing the needs of IDPs and hosting communities in several sectors such as food security, livelihoods, shelter, protection, education and WASH. PIN is well-established organization with several field offices, direct implementation and more than 400 employees. Main office sits in Erbil and provides support services to field teams inside Syria. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $35 million across Syria and funding from humanitarian donors including ECHO, OFDA, FFP, SDC and DFID.
General Position summary:
With supervision from the Deputy Area Director and support from other members of the team Education and Protection Programme Manager (EPPM) have a key role in leading a programme team for Northwest Syria, implementation and ensuring overall quality of the education programming in all PIN’s areas of operation in Northwest Syria. Additionally, he/she will act as a focal point for overall protection mainstreaming in North West Syria.
The Education & Protection Programme Manager main responsibilities include:
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of PIN’s Education programming, both formal and non-formal, in Northwest Syria (remote management);
- Provide technical guidance and backstopping to the education teams in program implementation
- Work closely with the Area Director, Deputy Area Director , Program Quality Advisor and M&E Manager to ensure that all education activities are being appropriately monitored, evaluated and that feedback is reflected in ongoing programming;
- Participate in identifying opportunities to increase scope and quality of PIN´s education programmes;
- Contribute to the development of PIN’s Syria Education strategy and sectorial quality guidelines;
- With support of the Grants Department develop programme proposals and ensure timely and quality internal and donor reporting;
- Promote synergies and coordination across all PIN’s areas of operation among Education actors, represent PIN and work closely with the Education cluster, working groups and other relevant actors.
- In cooperation with other team members represent organisation and maintain close collaboration and good relations with donors and other partners;
- Supporting other PIN NWS programmes in implementation of protection mainstreaming standards across the all programs.
- Supervise and support the education team in Gaziantep as well as the field education team. This entails Oversight on implementation progress, task management, quality assurance, administrative procedures, reporting, and GZT/field discussions
- Work closely with the finance department to ensure accurate projection of spending and forecast, adjust plans in light of foreseen over/underspending, and ensure that expenditures are in line with the projects’ objectives.
- Work closely with other support departments to ensure timely, qualitative, and appropriate execution of the operational procedures, including but not limited to the procurement of goods and services and staff recruitment.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- At least 5 years of professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
- Proven field experience in Education programming (at least 3 years);
- Experience in implementation of child protection within education activities and context
- Experience in designing, implementing and providing technical support for the integration of protection mainstreaming into humanitarian programming
- Experience in building the capacity of national teams;
- Experience in representing an organisation in strategic meetings and coordination fora;
- Strong Project Management Skills with significant experience of US and European Donors
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage;
- Strong grasp of programme quality management including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Desirable: Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts, including familiarity Syria or the Middle East.
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Accommodation provided by PIN or Housing Allowance
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence (or other selected country) once every 6 months of completed work;
- Travel Health Insurance;
- Pre-departure expenses - reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
Salary and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale. Expected salary 3,000-3,200 EUR (monthly per diems of 1,200 EUR are already included) based on experience;
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.