Executive Assistant to the Directorate of Relief and Development Department (HQ)
Starting date: January 2024
People in Need is the largest non-profit organization in Central and Eastern Europe, operating in the field of humanitarian and development aid, support for human rights, and social inclusion. At present, more than 2400 employees work in our Humanitarian and Development section in 23 countries in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant for the Humanitarian and Development Department (RDD).
About the position:
We are looking for a colleague to join our Prague-based RDD (Relief and Development Department) team in a management support role, with responsibilities for individual thematic tasks as well as long-term agendas of both strategic and one-off nature, including administrative work. This is a position with a diverse scope of work, providing insight into the management of the organization and many interesting related agendas as well as into the work of other departments if needed. The work includes collaboration and communication with teams and management across the headquarters in Prague, as well as sometimes with teams and colleagues on missions.
The work is mainly carried out in Prague, and this position does not include trips on missions. However, the motivation to work overseas at a later stage is welcomed.
Reporting Relations & Interdependencies with Other FunctionsThe Executive Assistant (EA) reports mainly to the RDD director who is her/his line manager but receives tasks from the whole RDD directorate (4 persons). She/He is also in close communication with other RDD management members and helps and communicates with other administrative workers. She/He will get into close communication with other departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communication, Coordination, and Collaboration: The position involves supporting effective communication, coordination, and collaboration across the management of the Humanitarian and Development section.
- Meeting Organization: There is responsibility for setting up various types of meetings, consultations, and bigger joint events. Not only will you take notes during these management meetings, but you'll also upload them to our internal communication channels. Since some of these notes get shared widely within the organization, you'll work on formatting them and coordinating with different departments to make sure the right information is included.
- Documentation and Oversight: Taking minutes from meetings is required, along with technical oversight to monitor the fulfillment of their outputs.
- Internal Information Dissemination: You will work to improve internal communication by disseminating information and will contribute actively to enhancing the information-sharing system within the section.
Management Support: This includes supporting the management by consolidating and communicating information from different missions and desks.
- Preparation of Materials: You will assist in preparing the materials needed for meetings and conferences.
- Document Updates: Based on specific assignments, you'll be tasked with updating internal directives and implementing documents and tools from all across the organisation.
- Information Requests: Responding to requests about internal processes, tools, and systems is another aspect of the role.
- Administrative Tasks: Both one-time and regular administrative duties are included.
- Task Delegation: The role involves accepting tasks from the RDD director and other members of the Directorate.
- Data management – data collection, oversight of databases, extracting information and analysis, etc.
- Communication with partners and networks both in the Czech Republic and abroad
Support for the International Advisory BoardThis role involves coordinating and supporting various aspects of interactions with the Internal Advisory Board (IAB) and management team. Ideal for those new to the field or looking to gain organizational experience.
- Meeting Coordination: Organize and facilitate individual and collective meetings with the IAB and management.
- Minute Taking: Document the key points, decisions, and action items from each meeting.
- Task Execution: Complete small assignments as delegated by IAB members during or after meetings.
- In-Person Meeting Support: Assist IAB members in logistical planning and execution of occasional in-person meetings.
- You have got a university degree ideally with a focus on development studies, humanitarian studies or other similar focus
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector is an advantage
- You have a good level of English - minimum B2 (communication with colleagues and all internal documents are in English). Knowledge of other languages is an advantage (Russian, French, Arabic, Portuguese)
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
- You are reliable, flexible and have a positive approach to new challenges
- You can organise your work independently
- Prior experience in administrative work, including document management
- The ability to analyze data and information, and prepare presentations and reports for management.
- The ability to work collaboratively with diverse team members and provide support to the department director and their team.
- Passion for Humanitarian and Development Issues: Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in the goals and activities of the organization are highly valued.
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Starting salary depending on your experience; 32 000 - 36 000 CZK for a full-time job
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- 3 days of sick leave
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Extensive Capacity Building program – internal and external - Induction training, internal e-learnings, Knowledge and Learning Department onboarding
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp ).
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.