Field Coordinator for North West Syria
Starting date: January – February 2019
Length of assignment: 18 months
The Field Coordinator is under the direct line management of the Country Director and is responsible for the implementation of the programme strategy in North West Syria (Idlib and Aleppo) through remote management. The Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures. At Gaziantep level, the Field Coordinator represents PIN to relevant stakeholders. FC manages team of 250 employees both in Turkey and NW Syria with the program portfolio of 20 mil USD annualy.
People in Need’s programs for war-affected Syrian population focus mainly on livelihood/food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. Cross-border operations are managed from Turkey where PIN’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program implemented directly or through partners in Syria (Idlib and Aleppo operations).
- Oversee projects implementation, as per the Monitoring and Evaluation policies and ensures that implementation is meeting its quality standards
- Contribute to the strategic development of the organization in NW Syria region
- Ensure smooth and effective coordination within the Gaziantep and NW Syria offices
- Coordinate and communicate with key stakeholders in the given context, represent PIN in the area
- Oversee support services in all bases in NW Syria.
- Directly manage the senior staff PMs and Areas Coordinators in North West Syria.
Suitable candidate for this position should:
- have min 5 years management experience of emergency and development projects in difficult areas
- have experience in implementing projects in conflicted zones
- have experience in managing large teams and budgets
- have experience of working in volatile environment
- have methodological skills related to Project Cycle Management
- have capacity to work under pressure and to cope with tensed security situation
- have good communication and organizational skills
- be fluent in English both spoken and written (Arabic is an advantage)
- knowledge of region highly appreciated – candidates with Turkish and Syrian background are strongly encouraged to apply
- Environment of well-established and growing organization
- Salary according to PIN salary scale, start-up salary 3 200 – 3 400 EUR (before taxation, per diems included)
- Performance related bonuses paid half yearly based on standard evaluation process
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel health insurance
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse on PIN expense