Finance Manager - Angola
Duration: 16 months with the possibility of extension
Location: Angola, based in Kuito with the possibility of field visits
- Responsibility for overall country programme economy (preparation of operational budget and its regular update, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost efficiency monitoring, Foreign exchange rate risk).
- Ensuring that PIN accounting practices, financial procedures and processes are in place.
- Supervision of the compliance of the processes and documentation with the local legal and administrative measures, with donors’ regulations and PIN internal rules.
- Responsibility for financial and project reporting to the donors and HQ.
- Overall responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data.
- Lead role in preparing for and managing annual audits, project audits and end of year reporting.
- Working closely with programme teams and senior management to ensure timely financial management reporting tools and other related financial issues.
- Close cooperation and coordination with other operational support departments, including Logistics and Human Resources.
- Responsibility for correct use of financial/administrative management systems and provision of training and support to all staff.
- Line management of 6 members of the Finance Team.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, finance or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in relevant field is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a finance team.
- Previous experience of team management and supervision.
- Previous experience of using accounting and financial management software is preferable.
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in an international development setting required.
- Previous experience of working with project partners and international donors preferred.
- Responsible, methodical with great attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience of working in Africa is preferred.
- Experience from managing systems, logistics, administration or HR would be welcomed.
- Advanced level of written and spoken English Language essential;
- Ability to speak Portuguese or Spanish is an advantage.
- Possibility to work in a well-established and locally recognized INGO
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel medical insurance
- Accommodation in a shared guesthouse provided
- 25 days of paid leave annually
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).