Finance Manager for North-West Syria
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Syria
Base: Gaziantep (TUR)
About PIN Syria:
People in Need’s programs for war-affected Syrian population focus mainly on livelihood/food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. PIN operates several programs across Northwest Syria (Idlib, Aleppo) with its offices and field staff in Syria. Cross-border operations are managed from Turkey where PIN’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program implemented directly or through partners in Syria.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for overall country program economy (preparation of operational budget and its regular update, cost allocation planning, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost efficiency monitoring, FX rate risk, etc.)
- Supervision of the compliance of the processes and documentation with donors’ requirements, PIN internal rules, local legal regulations (incl. taxes) and administrative measures
- Ensuring that PIN accounting practices, financial and administrative procedures and processes are in place (incl. proper documentation archiving)
- Overall responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data
- Approval of contracts, invoices, authorization of payments
- Responsibility for the financial and project reporting to the donors and PIN HQ
- Local finance team management (approx. 10 national staff) and its continuous capacity building based on personal development plans
- Working closely with Program Managers and Head of other support departments on project financial management and other related financial issues, capacity building of the program/support teams in project financial management
- Ensuring financial and compliance management of PIN implementing partners (including assessment of potential partner organizations, partner budgeting, training and regular monitoring)
- Responsibility for correct use of financial/administrative management systems and provision of training and support to all staff
- Key role in annual and project audits
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- University degree preferably in Finance or related field; or long-term experience within NGO sector finance department
- At least 5 years of experience in the position of Finance Manager or similar position
- Experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors; experience with reporting to EU, USAID and UN donors
- Experience with team management and supervision; strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge and build capacities of national teams
- Ability to plan effectively; organized, responsible and systematic
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of double-entry accounting
- Work experience with an accounting and economic software
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts, including familiarity with the humanitarian context of the Middle East, would be an advantage.
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization
- Expected start salary 3,000 - 3,100 EUR (before taxation, per diems included)
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Travel medical insurance
- Accommodation in PIN’s guesthouse on PIN’s expenses or in private in line with PIN policies
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
How to Apply?
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).