Finance Manager in Iraq
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Iraq
Base: Erbil, Iraq (KRI)
Line Manager: Head of Systems and Operations for Iraq Country Programme
About PIN Iraq:
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. PIN has been working in Iraq since 2011, providing an early recovery support to conflict-affected communities. Programmes in Iraq focus mainly on Education, Wash, in addition to Early Recovery and Livelihoods activities. PIN’s Iraq humanitarian response annual turnover is over $10 million, engaging over 80 full- time staff members across Erbil and Iraq field offices.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for financial planning, cash-flow, budget preparation
- Ensuring compliance of the processes and documentation with local legal and administrative rules and regulations, as well as with donors’ requirements and PIN’s internal rules
- Working closely with Programme on spending/budgets’ follow-up and other financial issues
- Ensuring that PIN’s accounting practices, financial procedures and processes are in place and followed
- Responsible for financial reporting to donors and HQ
- Supervising the mission accountancy, providing line management to the finance team
- Participating in annual and project audits
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- University degree preferably in Finance or related field; or long-term experience within NGO sector finance department
- At least 2 years of experience in the position of Finance Manager or similar position;
- Experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors; experience with reporting to UN donors is advantage
- Experience with team management and supervision; strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge and build capacities of national teams;
- Ability to plan effectively; organized, responsible and systematic;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of double-entry accounting;
- Work experience with an accounting and economic software;
People in Need offers:
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts, including familiarity with the humanitarian context of Iraq or the Middle East, would be an advantage.
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies, expected salary 2,800 EUR (before taxation, per diems included);
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work, plus R&R benefits according to PIN’s policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation in PIN’s guesthouse on PIN’s expenses;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel health insurance.
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and a short cover letter in English via this link.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.