Global Security Advisor
Duty station: Prague with frequent field trips (up to 50%)
Timeframe: minimum 2 years with desirable extension
Scope of the contract: to be agreed on the profile of the candidate (minimum 50% part-time up to full-time)
Reports to: Head of Emergency Programmes
People in Need (PIN) is a non-profit organization in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. Currently, more than 1900 employees are working in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with a turnover of more than 80 million EUR in 2021) is looking for a new colleague to become a Global Security Advisor.
About the role:
The optimal candidate for this position is an experienced humanitarian professional with extensive field experience from difficult and high-risk contexts. Global Security Advisor (GSA) ideally combines previous assignments from multiple countries in project implementation, access negotiations in complicated areas or have a proven track record of senior access and security roles, optimally across Africa.
Desired qualities are ability to quickly analyze and adapt to various contexts, conduct independent assignments, analyze current procedural gaps and suggest improvements, and have strong capacity development skills. On local level GSA works primarily with Country Directors and members of Access and Security departments, and at HQ level primarily with Regional Directors and Head of Emergency Programs.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide support in security and safety management for PIN HQ and Country country offices globally with a specific focus on Africa in:
- Capacity building of staff involved in security management – Regional directors, Desk officers, Country directors, Security focal points and Country Management Teams
- Revision of Security and Safety Management Plans – including Risk Assessment, SOP and Medical Plans
- Incidents management and follow up
- Design and implementation of protection measures, advise on recommended access procedures
- Provide regular audit of security and safety procedures in assigned CP
- Understand the context, be able to provide conflict analysis on demand
- Regular evaluation of the situation in assigned countries, flag potentially dangerous situations and significant deterioration to both HQ and Country programs
- Train national and international staff at minimum in personal security, security management, crisis management, and access procedures
- Identify relevant external training opportunities for PIN staff
- Shared responsibility for Induction Safety and Security training at HQ level, app. 5 times per year
- Tap into locally or internationally available channels providing relevant information, analysis, and early warnings
- Network with Security and Safety staff in similar positions within the INGO/NGO/IO sector
- Previous experience with the humanitarian sector and security/safety components of INGO operations
- Ability to quickly learning new contexts
- Training skills
- Pro-active approach
- Fluent English and French (necessary)
- Valid work permit for Czech Republic (does not apply to EU citizens)
What we offer:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Laptop and mobile phone with the company tariff
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office in Prague)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Multisport card for sports and recreation in the Czech Republic
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
- International online induction for all the new staff (HQ + country programmes of RDD);
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).