Head of Finance in Myanmar CP
The Head of Finance (HoF) is responsible for finance part of general Head of Systems and Operations agenda. HoF oversees the mission economy, the CP financial project management as well as accounting. The HoF promotes the knowledge of PIN financial and operational procedures across the whole CP team and is responsible for compliance to PIN guidelines, donor´s rules as well as local legal requirements. The HoF has overall responsibility for sufficient capacities and clear division of tasks and responsibilities within the finance team, providing all necessary capacity building of Country Programme (CP) finance team.
The HoF is one of the key members of the country programme management team and contributes to strategic decision-making and operations. HoF supports the CD´s decision making by preparation of different scenarios in light of the current development in CP from the financial perspective and is responsible for management of financial risks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The HoF assists the CD in the management of the country programme, participates in the senior management meetings, and pro-actively takes part in the decision making processes;
- ensures that CP finance systems support the implementation of the country programme strategy and that procedures and regulations are implemented in full transparency and in accordance with donor and PIN rules;
- represents PIN towards local authorities, donors, partners, and other stakeholders;
- is responsible for adequate staffing and capacities in the finance department in order to achieve efficient delivery of People in Need’s (PIN) country programme;
- promotes team spirit, a culture of respect, personal responsibility, transparency, and openness
Quality & Risk Management
- The HoF ensures PIN procedures, policies and guidelines related to finance and operations are known and respected (Navision, ELO approval, Cost Allocation Policy, etc.);
- supervises finance department and sets up effective internal coordination and communication within the department and also across the departments, including cooperation with field offices;
- promotes participation and accountability towards local authorities, local partners, and donors;
- in cooperation with CD, manages financial risks and coordinates risk mitigation measures.
Human Resources & Capacity Development
The HoF acts as a team manager and is responsible for adherence to Human Resources (HR) procedures and for capacity development.
- The HoF ensures adequate finance team size and composition;
- manages team in compliance with PIN RDD HR procedures (recruitment, induction, evaluation etc.);
- in compliance with RDD HR strategy, the HoF continually develops and boosts his/her team capacity, with special focus on capacity building of the Finance Manager;
- supervises the preparation of induction training to new staff in finance/compliance procedures.
The HoF is responsible for compliance with internal procedures, donors´ rules and Country specific regulations and legal framework.
The HoF has a sound knowledge of administrative standards and procedures;
Is responsible for setting up financial and administrative systems and procedures compliant with internal requirements as well as country specific regulations, and staff´s adherence to them;
Is familiar with donors´ fin/admin regulations and provides support in this field to other country programme members;
Ensures that donors´ rules are complied with;
Acts as a communication channel between donors in case of any requests related to the finance and compliance agenda;
Coordinates external audits carried out at country programme level and assists for HQ audits;
Ensures the current contract templates on the country programme are up to date and properly used.
The HoF is responsible for annual country programme budget, operations (shared) costs management, financial tools management, budgeting, reporting and cash flow. Focuses on capacity building of FM in these areas.
- The HoF makes sure that relevant country programme financial and administrative procedures are in place and respected;
- Ensures financial and administrative systems (ELO, Navision) are properly administrated and used by the whole country programme;
- Oversees the operations of the financial team in all sectors, including budgeting, reporting, and accounting of the country programme;
- Ensures functional communication setup between Finance and other departments with special focus on budget management;
- The HoF draws and updates country programme overall operational budget, Coverage table and supervises CP annual budget;
- Optimizes financial resources allocation to cover operations costs; monitors and notifies HQ about crucial operations costs misbalance as compared to the total country programme budget;
- Prepares financial and economic overviews and interprets economic data for country programme and programme management teams;
- Supervises and builds the capacity of the team in using Navision forecasting/cash flow module;
- In cooperation with programme team and support from finance team develops budget for the new proposals according to PIN budgeting GLs and builds the capacity of the FM in budget preparations;
- Supervises financial data completeness and correctness before the start of financial report drawing, checks the project reports before its submission to donor according to reporting deadlines;
- Supervises and builds capacity of FM in planning needs of project co-financing;
- Gives guidance and support to FM for finance and procurement related communication with donors.
- Supervises the process of implementing partner selection, partnership agreement preparation, capacity building and reporting;
- Approves contract and invoices above certain limit in ELO as FM (up to the limit approved by FM);
- Certifies internet banking payments;
- Closely supervises CP cash flow planning and approves mission money requests to HQ.
The HOF supervises the quality of country programme accounting, year end closing and statutory audit.
- In the field of country programme accounting, the HoF is responsible for establishing sufficient capacities to guarantee accounting data quality as required by PIN internal rules and legislation (local as well as Czech);
- Regularly checks with the FM that all taxes are paid in line with national regulatory framework;
- Ensures that tax exemption (when possible) will be applied by NGO;
- Supervises completion of year end closing procedure.
Document Circulation and Archiving
The HOF is responsible for accounting and other financial documentation.
- The HOF takes part in setting up the overall country programme archiving system and provides methodical guidance in this field to other country programme colleagues;
- Ensures quality and completeness of all CP financial documentation in physical as well as electronic form;
- Conducts regular checks on proper archiving of accounting and other finance documentation.
And fulfils any other tasks as required.
- University graduate in finance, business or accounting study programmes (possible exceptions for candidates studying this field at secondary level),
- Experience in a finance position needed
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Keen eye on details and passion for working with numbers
- Advanced Excel skills (including Pivot Tables and other complex formulas)
- Strong training/coaching skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to deal with complex compliance agenda
- Responsibility, proactive approach, flexibility,
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Dynamics Nav or other ERP is an advantage
- Experience with project management is very welcome
People in Need offers:
- Non-family posting
- 25 days of leave annually
- Medical travel insurance covered, reimbursement of vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
- Travel to/from place of assignment and Flight ticket for annual leave after each 6 months of completed work (i.e. with a minimum contract period of 12 months)
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Travel health insurance
- Housing allowance
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).