Head of Systems and Operations for Myanmar
Position: paid, full-time
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Yangon, Myanmar (initial months remotely due to longer visa process and the current development in Myanmar)
Contract duration: 24 months with possible extension
Reports To: Country Director (CD)
The Head of Systems & Operations (HoSO) is a member of the Country Management Team (CMT) and shares responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of People in Need’s Myanmar Country Programme. Specifically, the role of the Head of Systems & Operations is to manage and improve the support systems required to achieve this objective comprising of Procurement and Logistics, Finance, HR and Administration. In performing this role, the Head of Systems & Operations will ensure an enabling environment for the implementation of the country programme, while maintain operations and systems that meet with the accountability requirements of People in Need and its donors. HoSO also directly leads the process of the development and staff capacity building across the departments in terms of the systems and operations.
Head of Systems & Operations is line manager to Finance & Grants Manager, Procurement Officer, and HR Manager (local staff), and technically supervises the Area Systems & Operations Manager.
- Active participation in the CMT meetings and pro-actively take part in the decision making processes
- Ensure that Systems & Operations support the implementation of the Country Strategy and those procedures and regulations are implemented in full transparency and in accordance with donor and PIN rules.
- Ensure standardization of processes/procedures related to operations of procurement and logistic, finance, HR and administration.
- Implement or strengthen systems of oversight and prevention of corruption
- Ensure effective communication between support (finance, logistic, HR) and program departments
- Supervise overall country program economy including identification of gaps, financial and procedural risks, and provision of appropriate solutions
- Oversee the budgets of support departments, improve needs planning and coordination, and contribute to planning needs for new projects with regards to support departments
- Provide technical support and guidance to the finance team to ensure effective operations and coordination between budgeting, spending and accounting
- Provide technical support and guidance to logisticians to ensure effective operations and coordination between the office management (including field offices), fleet management, stock and assets management including logistic budgets and planning
- Oversee centralised procurement system considering value for money and relevant corruption risks, regularly audit the procurement process in order to highlight flaws and pressures associated with operating in the Myanmar context
- Supervise HR agendas, including implementation of relevant national and international staff policies, capacity development plans, plan of inductions and trainings, managing leaves, allowances and evaluations
- Manage continuous capacity building of his/her local team based on personal development plans
- Manage continuous capacity building across the departments in terms of the systems and operations
- Provide systems and operations induction trainings to new international staff, on issues relating to logistics, HR, accommodation, health, security, etc.
- Supervise the Country Programme with regards to security. In coordination with the CMT, ensure that all issues related to travel permits, licences, registrations, etc. are dealt with as and when they are required
- Ensure that key support policies are continuously updated as required and appropriate to the context
- Ensure compliance with local legislation, rules and regulations in terms of visas, taxes and labor law.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Responsible and systematic
- Experience managing systems, logistics, administration and HR would be welcomed
- Previous work with international NGO at country level is welcomed
- Previous work experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors
- Experience with team management and supervision
- Advanced level of English spoken and written
- Great communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity, experience with development projects/international work experience is strongly welcome
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Logistics, Public Administration, Law, or a related discipline
- Working experience with an accounting and economic software is an advantage
- Knowledge of principles of double-entry accounting is an advantage
- Possibility to work in well-established and locally recognized NGO
- Flexible and challenging working environment with room for personal growth
- Starting salary defined by PIN salary scale (approx. 3,000-3,500 EUR commensurate with experience; before local taxation, including per diem)
- Housing allowance up to 435 EUR/month (based on the lease agreement in Myanmar)
- Reimbursement of flight ticket to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel insurance
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Robust and thorough induction training at HQ (2 weeks)
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter in English via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).