Individual Consultant on mechanisms for an Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) & Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) - People in Need Slovakia
PIN Slovakia is seeking an individual consultant to provide the organization with capacity building support and system strengthening to implement global policies and guidelines for the protection against sexual exploitation & abuse (PSEA). The key tasks and deliverables include:
1. Task (September 2022): Desk review of existing AAP/SEA mechanisms and policies at place in organization: The process will identify opportunities/challenges and gaps in existing organizational policies and suggest steps and measures to address the identified gaps. Deliverable: Narrative report with recommendations (max. 5 pages).
2. Elaboration of PSEA policy (October 2022): Based on the gaps identified, relevant parts of policies or full policy shall be drafted according to the international standards and current good practices. Deliverable: New policy or policy/ies enhancement based on task no. 1.
3. Capacity building of core personnel (November 2022): Support capacity development of staff in PSEA mainstreaming during planning and programming and monitoring. Deliverables: 3 one-day trainings in English on PSEA and AAP standards and policies, including on complaints and feedback mechanisms and reporting procedures for PSEA incidents.
Education: An advanced degree in Public health, Development Studies, Social sciences, or another relevant field related to PSEA and AAP. *A first-level university degree with relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree with an additional 2 years of experience.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of relevant professional n experience; at least 2 years of which should be in a humanitarian setting, preferably in the field of sexual exploitation and abuse, protection, gender-based violence, staff misconduct and discipline, gender mainstreaming, and/or humanitarian affairs.
- Strong knowledge of PSEA and AAP.
- Experience working with community-based programming.
- Experience working with conflict-affected communities, including with children and communities.
- Ability to collect, collate and analyse data in an efficient and effective manner.
- Analytical, methodical, and precise style of writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Proficiency in English language; knowledge of central/Eastern European language/s would be an advantage.
Applicants are also required to indicate availability and financial quotation in EUR to undertake the terms of reference above.
The consultant will be working under the direct supervision and guidance of the Head of Ukraine Emergency Response program. The supervisor will monitor the progress of the consultancy according to above illustrated dates and deliverables. By the end of the consultancy a detail report should be submitted including the completion of all tasks.
This is a remote/home based consultancy, with limited travel required to Slovakia and possibly Ukraine (subject to agreement).
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter (max.1 page) stating your experience relevant to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP, no later than by 15th of September 2022. Include ‘ PSEA consultant’ in the subject line. The applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so early applications are highly encouraged.
Please note, this is a consultancy contract and we are not able to process work permit for applicants outside of Europe.
PIN SK is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction of any kind, such as race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN SK welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and values diversity.
Please note that PIN SK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.