Junior Finance Desk Officer for Africa
Location: Prague for 6-12 month, with planned relocation abroad in time for 6-12 months
Starting date: based on agreement, preferably in July
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension to open contract
People in Need (PIN) is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2019, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 20 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become a Junior Finance Desk Officer (FDO) for our country programs and gradually gain experience abroad.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Junior FDO provides continuity, advice and financial management support to country programmes. At headquarter, the JFO is closely cooperating with a more senior Finance Desk Officer (FDO) who is the focal point for programmes in terms of financial and economical topics.
The Junior FDO assists FDO in finance/administration agenda with the objective to support the country programme financial health including cash flow, coverage of operational costs and collection and crosschecking of financial documentation. He/she takes part in budgets and financial reports preparation and provides support during external audits. The role of JFO is ideal for a junior professional in Finance to gain experience in headquarters so that he/she can relocate to one of our country programmes in Africa (namely Zambia, Angola, Ethiopia, DRC) for 6-12 months.
- Experience with finance position desired (at least 1 year)
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Openness to long term travel to country programmes (+/- six months terms)
- Advanced Excel skills as you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex functions
- Keen eye on details and passion for working with numbers
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- At least intermediate knowledge of French/Portuguese language is an advantage
- Experience from non-profit sector is very welcomed
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting work with focus on capacity building both in Prague and in African country programmes
- Travel opportunities
- Starting salary in the range 32 000 - 34 000 CZK based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
HOW TO APPLY?
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter in English via our application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).