Junior Finance Desk Officer for the Middle East
Location: Prague or home-based with regular travel to Prague (when the epidemiological situation allows), with occasional business trips abroad to our country programmes
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension to open contract
Contract: Full time / part-time (25 to 30 hours per week)
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2019, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 20 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become a junior Finance Manager for our country programs and gradually gain experience abroad.
About the position:
The Junior Finance Desk Officer (JFDO) provides continuity, advice and financial management support to country programmes. At headquarter, the JFDO is the focal point for assigned country programmes in terms of financial and administrative topics.
The JFDO supports the country programme financial health including cash flow, coverage of operational costs, identification of financial and procedural risks, and implementation of relevant solutions. The JFDO supports the designated Finance Managers at the country programmes and other staff members in clear understanding and compliance with finance and administrative standards and procedures, controls country programs’ compliance with PIN policies and procedures. The position also performs administrative tasks connected to deployment of other expats in the country programmes.
- Previous experience with finance desired but not required
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Openness to travel to country programmes is an advantage
- Keen eye on detail and passion for working with numbers while at the same time, being able to perform sometimes repetitive administrative tasks
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Experience from non-profit sector is very welcome but not required
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID WORK PERMIT FOR CZECH REPUBLIC
People in Need offers:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Travel opportunities
- Starting salary in the range 33 000 - 35 000 CZK based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kinder garden in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).