Junior Finance Officer
Contract duration: 6-12 months (with possibility of extension)
Country Programme: Iraq
Contract modality: PIN Volunteer (subsistence allowance paid)
Line Manager: Head of Systems and Operations
About the role:
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization established in early 1990s in the Czech Republic. Since then, PIN has grown to be the biggest organization of its kind in post-communist Europe and currently provides humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide.
PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across many emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming; and has been active in Iraq since 2003, most recently across Education, Shelter/ NFI, WASH and Cash assistance. Current and past donors include ECHO, IHF, GIZ, EC, UNESCO, UNICEF, Czech and Slovak MFA. Pin currently has over 100 employees and offices in Erbil, Duhok, Ninewah, Salahaddin and Anbar.
With guidance and supervision from the Head of Systems and Operations, the Reporting Officer/Junior finance officer will play a key role in supporting the Finance department on preparation of financial reports including representation of PIN vis-à-vis donors. He/she will report to the Head of Systems and Operations and will work closely with the Financial manager of Iraqi country program.
- Working in our accounting system Navision;
- Preparing financial reports to donors;
- Cooperating on preparation of documents for audit, donor’s financial verifications;
- Cooperating on processing accurate information from Program Managers on actual spending and forecast;
- Liaise with our local partners and donors about correction of the documents and reports if needed;
- Perform any other tasks assigned based on actual needs in the Finance Department and derived from knowledge and specialization.
- Background in economics/accounting/finance (basic knowledge suffices);
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Experience from finance or administrative positions is an advantage.
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization
- Per diems according to PIN policies per each day spend on mission (40 EUR / per day)
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse
- Shared access to a car for travel within Erbil
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Travel benefits in the form of two regional flight tickets per year;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel medical insurance
Are you interested in this position? Send us your resume and motivation letter in English via following link (for this vacancy we are not accepting any other application).