LATAM Communication Officer (Costa Rica)
People in Need is seeking a candidate for the position of a Communication Officer in the Latin American Program of the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (HRD). The primary goal of People in Need's Centre for Human Rights and Democracy is to support independent individuals and groups in countries with repressive regimes who are the target of persecution, harassment, or arrests because of their opinions or activities, and to strengthen civil society.
The Latin American Program has been supporting civil society in several countries in the region.
The program focuses on:
- Capacity building for civil society organizations and providing support for their activities
- Direct aid to Human Rights Defenders
- International advocacy
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Contract duration: One-year contract, extendable
Type of contract: Full-time
Starting date: asap
- Communication management of the People in Need Latin America office through social networks and other media.
- Use social media to design and execute campaigns that are aligned with the goals of the Center for Human Rights and Democracy as outlined by each country's project management team.
- Develop, support, and promote the organization's goals, including message development, social media content creation, web pages, and media outreach.
- Develop the communication strategy, communication plan and create short- and long-term goals.
- Develop and disseminate creative materials that increase organizational visibility and community loyalty.
- Ensure that digital marketing content aligns with our brand identity and message.
- To be Costa Rican, or legal resident with the right to work in Costa Rica (to be based in San Jose);
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish and English;
- University degree obtained in Communication Sciences and / or related, and / or experience in management of social networks, design and implementation of awareness campaigns.
- Competence in data analysis (Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads).
- Experience in graphic design (videos, images).
- Multicultural approach.
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality and age differences.
- Creativity and innovation for the coordination and management of communication activities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to develop multiple tasks effectively.
- Sense of confidentiality and ability to exercise tact and discretion in relations with different partners, partners and actors.
- Ability to maintain an overview in complex work situations.
- Self-motivation and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in projects in the field of human rights is an advantage.
- Full time job contract;
- Participation in the development and implementation of meaningful projects;
- Working in the biggest Central European NGO with branches around the world;
- Gaining in-depth knowledge about the current developments in Latin America;
- Joining an international team, having the opportunity to interact with civil society actors locally as well as regionally;
- Possibility of extending the contract beyond initial length at the successful conclusion of the contract;
- 25 days of paid leave annually.
How to Apply?
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter via the link bellow:
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).