Project Coordinator of Lifeline project
Starting date: upon agreement
Type of contract: 0,5-0,8 workload (upon agreement), unlimited contract, 3 months probation period
The primary goal of People in Need's Centre for Human Rights and Democracy is to support independent human rights activists and groups in countries with repressive regimes who are the target of persecution, harassment, or arrests because of their opinions or activities, and to strengthen civil society in countries that are going through democratic transformation.
People in Need is a member of the Lifeline consortium, which consists of seven international human rights non-governmental organisations. The Lifeline is a global, flexible and diverse tool to support human rights activists and dissidents and civil society organisations at risk. We are looking for a new colleague who - in close cooperation with other colleagues from PIN - will implement the project.
You can find out more about People in Need`s work in support of human rights here: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/human-rights-support
About Lifeline: https://www.csolifeline.org/
- Designing and compiling requests for support of civil society organisations (CSOs) and civil society initiatives (CSI) according to the Lifeline criteria, assisting the sub-grantees during the implementation of their projects, monitoring of the project activities, assisting the CSOs and CSIs with their narrative and financial reporting
- Regular coordination and communication with the Consortium members, especially with the Consortium leader Freedom House
- Close cooperation with PIN` s project coordinators within the programmatic countries when providing support to CSOs and CSIs
- Narrative reporting
- Administrative tasks
- Deep interest in the topic of human rights and democracy in general
- Interest in political and social issues
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Courage, loyalty and confidentiality
- Eligibility to work long-term in the Czech Republic
- Strong command of English, any other language an asset, especially languages of the areas where PIN works (Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Arabic)
- Experience with project management is a plus
- Possibility to work in a well-established NGO with an international outreach
- A meaningful job with visible impact
- Challenging and diverse tasks
- Regular contact with well-known human rights defenders
- Work in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Fixed monthly gross salary ranging between 32 000 – 36 000 CZK (full time rate)
- Contract for unlimited period, 3 months probation period
- 25 vacation days, 10 sick days, occasional home office
- Professional education, support in language learning
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV and motivation letter (up to 1 page) in English through this link: APPLY!
We are looking forward to receiving your application!