Project Director in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Starting date: between July and September 2021 - Subjected to project proposal selection
Contract Length: up to 36 months
Country Programme: Western Balkans
Base: Mostar Bosnia and Herzegovina
Type: International staff
Line Manager: Regional Representative for Western Balkans
About the Western Balkans Programme of People in Need:
People in Need (PIN) started working in former Yugoslavia in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development. Since the late 2000s, PIN has been working with local organizations to promote social inclusion and good governance at the local level. More information is available on PIN’s website, www.peopleinneed.cz.
About the role:
PIN is looking for an experienced Project Director (PD) for a potential 3 year long project starting in summer 2021 and funded by Conflict, Stability and Security Fund of the British Government (subject to project selection). The PD will be leading a consortium of international and local organizations implementing a project aiming at improving public space and public discourse in Mostar. The project will focus on empowering citizens and working with local civil society actors via a range of cross-community initiatives aimed at enhancing urban space in Mostar. The PD is expected to manage the successful implementation of this strategic project, takes overall responsibility for all aspects of project cycle management, including identification of needs, planning and formulation of the project, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and ensuring project feedback loops are in place and lead to adaptations to improve programming in real time. With support and guidance from the Regional Representative, Senior Management Team, and HQ teams, the PM is responsible for leading the consortium of partner and overseeing their performance. In addition, he/she manages risks arising from the project implementation and communicates and report to the donor.
The PD sets an example to others through adhering to, and actively promoting PIN’s Code of Conduct and Core Policies (including Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Whistleblowing policies) with all the personnel working under his/her supervision.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the consortium of partners
- Full responsibility for the implementation of the project aiming at achieving the results and indicators and fulfilling the contractual obligations
- Oversight of M&E and data collection in line with PIN’s requirements in close cooperation with the local MEAL Coordinator and Regional Programme Quality Adviser (Prague)
- Responsibility for the projects’ progress, spending plans, budget monitoring and reporting
- Compliance with sectorial guidelines and internal procedures
- Coordinate actively with all relevant stakeholders at national and municipal level
- Represent PIN and partners towards donor and other important stakeholders in Mostar
- Manage the team, ensure the full implementation according to PIN and the partners’ standards and the national staff policy
- Ensure the overall capacity building of the team and partners
- Coordinate with PIN’s Western Balkans operations team to identify, ensure proper archiving of all required documentation in the Data Management System
- Minimum 7 years of project management experience
- Previous experience working with INGO in Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or the Western Balkans
- Previous experience coordinating consortium
- Experience in the good governance and civil society development spheres
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent communication and external representation skills
- Fluent knowledge of English; knowledge of a local language an asset
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity, tolerance and acceptance of diversity
- Empathy with the organisation's values and its approach
- Full Computer Literacy, advanced in MS Office tools
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing international organization;
- Salary according to PIN salary scale in range of 3 200 – 4 000€. The salary range already includes per diems of 1 200€ per month.
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work (in case of an expatriate), plus regional travel benefits according to PIN’s policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation Allowance
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
- Travel health insurance.
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
How to Apply?
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter in English till Mon 19th April via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).