Regional Head of Systems and Operations for Middle East
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization established in early 1990s in the Czech Republic. Since then, PIN has grown to be the biggest organization of its kind in post-communist Europe and currently provides humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide.
See more at www.peopleinneed.cz.
PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across many emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming; and has been active in Iraq since 2003, most recently across Education, Shelter/ NFI, WASH and Cash assistance. PIN currently has over 100 employees and offices in Erbil, Ninewah and Salahaddin.
PIN has a long established capacity in delivering quality relief and recovery programming also in Syria, and is well-placed to implement this intervention having implemented humanitarian interventions in Northern Syria since 2012, across the Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Education. In 2018 in Syria, PIN assisted approximately 700,000 beneficiaries across Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, Education, PSS, Shelter Cash assistance and Agriculture, with a current annual turnover of approximately $36 million. Technical, logistical, and security management is supported by PIN's Gaziantep office in Turkey and the Erbil office in Iraq. PIN employs over 300 staff in Syria and implements programming through 8 offices in Idlib, Aleppo, Hasakeh and Raqqa governorates.
You will become a part of the Middle East team of Relief and Development Department in Prague.
As the Regional Head of Systems and Operations (RHoSO) you will be responsible for providing advice and management support to country programmes (CPs) in finance, compliance, logistics, procurement and HR administration. You will be focal contact at HQ for designated Country Heads of Systems and Operations (HoSOs) and you will supervise team of Finance desk officers in the region. You will participate in developing and establishing appropriate systems and procedures and you will you will supervise CPs compliance with donors and PIN rules. You will be responsible for methodological support to CPs in financial planning and financial risk management.
Start date: asap
Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Location: Prague, Czech Republic with occasional trips to Turkey/Iraq
- ensures that PIN financial and administrative procedures are in place and are respected in all CPs, supports designing specific CP’s standard operating procedures;
- oversees and analyses economy of the country programmes, supervises proper planning and strives for coverage of all CP-related costs;
- supervises budgets management and budgets monitoring;
- assists the Regional Director in the overall planning, management and control of the CPs operational and administrative activities in the region;
- supports establishment and development of adequate and effective managerial structures in CPs support departments and identifies existing gaps;
- ensures financial and administrative systems (ELO, Navision, etc.) are properly administrated and used across the whole region;
- supervises coordination between CPs and HQ support departments;
- ensures standard and adequate control mechanisms are in place (approval of contracts, payments, tenders, projects etc.);
- in cooperation with Regional Director ensures that risk management is fully integrated into programmes design and operations;
- ensures HR administration systems are properly administrated and used by all CPs;
- controls that all obligations towards local authorities (annual audit, annual reports, fiscal financial reports, tax reports, compliance with the respective national labour legislation etc.) are respected and met in a timely manner;
- provides guidance to CPs on archiving rules, especially with respect to donor’s rules and audit requirements;
- in cooperation with CPs management ensures adequate capacities and effective division of responsibilities of CP’s Logistics department in all sectors (office and compound/guesthouse management, fleet, transport, communication, IT);
- oversees assets and stock management systems,
- is familiar with PIN procurement guidelines and procedures and ensures country programmes respect them;
- Key role in annual and project audits
- Team management (3 colleagues) and capacity building based on personal development plans
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Public Administration, Law, or a related discipline
- Experience with finance management of international donors
- Advanced level of English is required (B2 minimum)
- Experience with team management and supervision
- Experience managing systems, logistics, administration and HR would be welcomed
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Responsible and systematic
- Working experience with an economic software
- Cultural sensitivity, experience with development projects/international work experience is strongly welcome
- Great communication skills
- Possibility to work in a well-established NGO
- Start-up monthly salary based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- Home offices
- 25 days of paid leave per year
- Sick days
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- Laptop and mobile phone with Vodafone tariff which can be used for personal needs
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation
- Travel medical insurance
- Dog and child friendly office in Prague 2
- Kindergarten in the building of our office
- Informal, open door policy and friendly environment
How to Apply:
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.